Change the default port for the OSGI HTTP Service

Change the default port for the OSGI HTTP Service

Edell Nolan
Hi,

The default port for the OSGi HTTP Service is 80 - as well as the default
port for Tomcat being 8080.

Would it be a big deal to add the following into our config.properties by
default to change this port - say something like
org.osgi.service.http.port=4567 ?

Edell.

Re: Change the default port for the OSGI HTTP Service

Freeman-2
+1 to change the default osgi http port to avoid the conflict with tomcat.
And if we do, we also need change the port in the examples.
Freeman

--
Freeman Fang
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Re: Change the default port for the OSGI HTTP Service

Jean-Baptiste Onofre

Edell Nolan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The default port for the OSGi HTTP Service is 80 - as well as the default
> port for Tomcat being 8080.
>
> Would it be a big deal to add the following into our config.properties by
> default to change this port - say something like
> org.osgi.service.http.port=4567 ?
>
> Edell.

Re: Change the default port for the OSGI HTTP Service

jgoodyear
+1 adding a configuration property for this makes sense.

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré<[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Edell Nolan wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The default port for the OSGi HTTP Service is 80 - as well as the default
>> port for Tomcat being 8080.
>>
>> Would it be a big deal to add the following into our config.properties by
>> default to change this port - say something like
>> org.osgi.service.http.port=4567 ?
>>
>> Edell.

Re: Change the default port for the OSGI HTTP Service

Edell Nolan
Should I make this change as a patch to karaf now and not the kernel ?

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Jamie G. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 adding a configuration property for this makes sense.
>
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré<[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > +1
> >
> > Edell Nolan wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> The default port for the OSGi HTTP Service is 80 - as well as the
> default
> >> port for Tomcat being 8080.
> >>
> >> Would it be a big deal to add the following into our config.properties
> by
> >> default to change this port - say something like
> >> org.osgi.service.http.port=4567 ?
> >>
> >> Edell.

Re: Change the default port for the OSGI HTTP Service

jgoodyear
I've been making patches to Karaf since the hand over, so summit the
patch to felix :)

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Edell Nolan<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Should I make this change as a patch to karaf now and not the kernel ?
>
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Jamie G. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> +1 adding a configuration property for this makes sense.
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré<[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > +1

>> default

>> by

Re: Change the default port for the OSGI HTTP Service

Charles Moulliard
Here is what you can do to change the port n° without modifying Apache Karaf
:

Read my blog for more info :
http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com/2009/03/servicemix-4-as-web-application-server.html

Create : org.ops4j.pax.web.cfg file containing *org.osgi.service.http.port=80
*and put it in the etc folder

Regards

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer

*****************************
blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Jamie G. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've been making patches to Karaf since the hand over, so summit the
> patch to felix :)
>
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Edell Nolan<[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Should I make this change as a patch to karaf now and not the kernel ?
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Jamie G. <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> +1 adding a configuration property for this makes sense.

> >> default

> config.properties
> >> by

Email: [hidden email]