Deploying SNAPSHOTs from Hudson

gertv
L.S.,

Right now, we have two build servers:
- Camel builds for deploying nightly snapshots are running on
http://projects.open.iona.com/builds/status
- Camel builds are running fine on hudson.zones.apache.org for a few weeks now

Apache also has a Nexus repository manager installed at
http://repository.apache.org now.
I'd like to start deploying our SNAPSHOTs to this repository from
Hudson directly instead of using the separate build server.  In the
future, we should also be able to leverage Nexus for the release
process as well, i.e. deploy the artifacts under vote to a Nexus
staging repo and then just promote the artifacts into the release repo
after the vote.

The major downside would be that the repository url for snapshots
would change from
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/ to
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots, but I
think Chris already did that bit when CXF started using Nexus.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Re: Deploying SNAPSHOTs from Hudson

Chris Custine
+1 on deploying snapshots to http://repository.apache.org

Yep, I just updated our snapshot repos to use
http://repository.apache.orgthis weekend.  Although I just realized I
only did it for SMX4 and the
components projects, so I will do SMX3 branches shortly.  Another cool thing
about this repo is that the snapshots url is a group url which is set up to
serve both the new hosted snapshot repo within Nexus, as well as proxy the
old people.apache.org repo.  So if you request a snapshot that is in both
locations, it will prefer the newer one from the Nexus repo, but will fall
back to the people.apache.org site for projects still deploying there.

Not sure if you have the link, but they have a process to follow and a Jira
issue to link to here:

Chris
--
Chris Custine
FUSESource :: http://fusesource.com

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Gert Vanthienen
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> L.S.,
>
> Right now, we have two build servers:
> - Camel builds for deploying nightly snapshots are running on
> http://projects.open.iona.com/builds/status
> - Camel builds are running fine on hudson.zones.apache.org for a few weeks
> now
>
> Apache also has a Nexus repository manager installed at
> http://repository.apache.org now.
> I'd like to start deploying our SNAPSHOTs to this repository from
> Hudson directly instead of using the separate build server.  In the
> future, we should also be able to leverage Nexus for the release
> process as well, i.e. deploy the artifacts under vote to a Nexus
> staging repo and then just promote the artifacts into the release repo
> after the vote.
>
> The major downside would be that the repository url for snapshots
> would change from
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/ to
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots, but I
> think Chris already did that bit when CXF started using Nexus.
>

> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------

Re: Deploying SNAPSHOTs from Hudson

Freeman-2
Freeman
Gert Vanthienen wrote:

> L.S.,
>
> Right now, we have two build servers:
> - Camel builds for deploying nightly snapshots are running on
> http://projects.open.iona.com/builds/status
> - Camel builds are running fine on hudson.zones.apache.org for a few weeks now
>
> Apache also has a Nexus repository manager installed at
> http://repository.apache.org now.
> I'd like to start deploying our SNAPSHOTs to this repository from
> Hudson directly instead of using the separate build server.  In the
> future, we should also be able to leverage Nexus for the release
> process as well, i.e. deploy the artifacts under vote to a Nexus
> staging repo and then just promote the artifacts into the release repo
> after the vote.
>
> The major downside would be that the repository url for snapshots
> would change from
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/ to
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots, but I
> think Chris already did that bit when CXF started using Nexus.
>

> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------

Re: Deploying SNAPSHOTs from Hudson

Jean-Baptiste Onofre

Gert Vanthienen wrote:

> L.S.,
>
> Right now, we have two build servers:
> - Camel builds for deploying nightly snapshots are running on
> http://projects.open.iona.com/builds/status
> - Camel builds are running fine on hudson.zones.apache.org for a few weeks now
>
> Apache also has a Nexus repository manager installed at
> http://repository.apache.org now.
> I'd like to start deploying our SNAPSHOTs to this repository from
> Hudson directly instead of using the separate build server.  In the
> future, we should also be able to leverage Nexus for the release
> process as well, i.e. deploy the artifacts under vote to a Nexus
> staging repo and then just promote the artifacts into the release repo
> after the vote.
>
> The major downside would be that the repository url for snapshots
> would change from
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/ to
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots, but I
> think Chris already did that bit when CXF started using Nexus.
>

> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------

Re: Deploying SNAPSHOTs from Hudson

Ulhas Bhole-3
+1 from me. It's a one time change and can be lived with.

-- Ulhas
Gert Vanthienen wrote:

> L.S.,
>
> Right now, we have two build servers:
> - Camel builds for deploying nightly snapshots are running on
> http://projects.open.iona.com/builds/status
> - Camel builds are running fine on hudson.zones.apache.org for a few weeks now
>
> Apache also has a Nexus repository manager installed at
> http://repository.apache.org now.
> I'd like to start deploying our SNAPSHOTs to this repository from
> Hudson directly instead of using the separate build server.  In the
> future, we should also be able to leverage Nexus for the release
> process as well, i.e. deploy the artifacts under vote to a Nexus
> staging repo and then just promote the artifacts into the release repo
> after the vote.
>
> The major downside would be that the repository url for snapshots
> would change from
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/ to
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots, but I
> think Chris already did that bit when CXF started using Nexus.
>

> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------

Re: Deploying SNAPSHOTs from Hudson

Edell Nolan
1+ Edell.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:48 AM, Freeman Fang <[hidden email]>wrote:

> +1
> Freeman
>
> Gert Vanthienen wrote:
>
>> L.S.,
>>
>> Right now, we have two build servers:
>> - Camel builds for deploying nightly snapshots are running on
>> http://projects.open.iona.com/builds/status
>> - Camel builds are running fine on hudson.zones.apache.org for a few
>> weeks now
>>
>> Apache also has a Nexus repository manager installed at
>> http://repository.apache.org now.
>> I'd like to start deploying our SNAPSHOTs to this repository from
>> Hudson directly instead of using the separate build server.  In the
>> future, we should also be able to leverage Nexus for the release
>> process as well, i.e. deploy the artifacts under vote to a Nexus
>> staging repo and then just promote the artifacts into the release repo
>> after the vote.
>>
>> The major downside would be that the repository url for snapshots
>> would change from
>> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/ to
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots, but I
>> think Chris already did that bit when CXF started using Nexus.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Gert Vanthienen
>> ------------------------
>> Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com
>> Blog: http://gertvanthienen.blogspot.com/

Re: Deploying SNAPSHOTs from Hudson

jgoodyear
+1

Jamie

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Edell Nolan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 1+ Edell.
>
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:48 AM, Freeman Fang <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> +1
>> Freeman
>>
>> Gert Vanthienen wrote:
>>
>>> L.S.,
>>>
>>> Right now, we have two build servers:
>>> - Camel builds for deploying nightly snapshots are running on
>>> http://projects.open.iona.com/builds/status
>>> - Camel builds are running fine on hudson.zones.apache.org for a few
>>> weeks now
>>>
>>> Apache also has a Nexus repository manager installed at
>>> http://repository.apache.org now.
>>> I'd like to start deploying our SNAPSHOTs to this repository from
>>> Hudson directly instead of using the separate build server.  In the
>>> future, we should also be able to leverage Nexus for the release
>>> process as well, i.e. deploy the artifacts under vote to a Nexus
>>> staging repo and then just promote the artifacts into the release repo
>>> after the vote.
>>>
>>> The major downside would be that the repository url for snapshots
>>> would change from
>>> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/ to
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots, but I
>>> think Chris already did that bit when CXF started using Nexus.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Gert Vanthienen
>>> ------------------------
>>> Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com
>>> Blog: http://gertvanthienen.blogspot.com/

Re: Deploying SNAPSHOTs from Hudson

jstrachan
+1 :)

2009/3/30 Gert Vanthienen <[hidden email]>:

> L.S.,
>
> Right now, we have two build servers:
> - Camel builds for deploying nightly snapshots are running on
> http://projects.open.iona.com/builds/status
> - Camel builds are running fine on hudson.zones.apache.org for a few weeks now
>
> Apache also has a Nexus repository manager installed at
> http://repository.apache.org now.
> I'd like to start deploying our SNAPSHOTs to this repository from
> Hudson directly instead of using the separate build server.  In the
> future, we should also be able to leverage Nexus for the release
> process as well, i.e. deploy the artifacts under vote to a Nexus
> staging repo and then just promote the artifacts into the release repo
> after the vote.
>
> The major downside would be that the repository url for snapshots
> would change from
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/ to
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots, but I
> think Chris already did that bit when CXF started using Nexus.
>

> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen

James
-------