Disable (Prevent) Maven Downloads for ServiceMix

Disable (Prevent) Maven Downloads for ServiceMix

Calvert, Zach (Zach)** CTR **
I'm working on a ServiceMix stack and want to lock it down such that the only repositories it will look for jars is in the local repository.  I have configured the org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg file to have an empty value for org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories, yet it still downloads.

Sadly, my google fu isn't strong enough to find the solution as mvn|maven returns all kinds of build queries and questions, and downloads|downloading gives me all kinds of nice info on downloading servicemix, but not how to lock down the maven consumption.

We did find http://fusesource.com/docs/esb/4.4/esb_deploy_osgi/Locate-RunTime.html, but we still get downloads after making the above configuration.  I ran tcpdump after removing the data directory and then re-start servicemix, and then I get download activity like
GET /content/groups/pax-runner/org/springframework/spring-context-support/3.0.5.RELEASE/spring-context-support-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar

The only two properties I have configured in org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories are
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.defaultRepositories=file:${karaf.home}/${karaf.default.repository}@snapshots
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories=

I am using Apache ServiceMix 4.3.0 on a CentOS machine.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays and thanks for the help,
Zach Calvert

Re: Disable (Prevent) Maven Downloads for ServiceMix

IIRC, if you remove all repositories from the
org.ops4j.pax.url,mvn.repositories, it will use its default list.
Try to set if a value such as
file:${karaf.home}/${karaf.default.repository}@snapshots which will
point to the system folder.

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 23:48, Calvert, Zach (Zach)** CTR **
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm working on a ServiceMix stack and want to lock it down such that the only repositories it will look for jars is in the local repository.  I have configured the org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg file to have an empty value for org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories, yet it still downloads.
>
> Sadly, my google fu isn't strong enough to find the solution as mvn|maven returns all kinds of build queries and questions, and downloads|downloading gives me all kinds of nice info on downloading servicemix, but not how to lock down the maven consumption.
>
> We did find http://fusesource.com/docs/esb/4.4/esb_deploy_osgi/Locate-RunTime.html, but we still get downloads after making the above configuration.  I ran tcpdump after removing the data directory and then re-start servicemix, and then I get download activity like
> GET /content/groups/pax-runner/org/springframework/spring-context-support/3.0.5.RELEASE/spring-context-support-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
>
> The only two properties I have configured in org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories are
> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.defaultRepositories=file:${karaf.home}/${karaf.default.repository}@snapshots
> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories=
>
> I am using Apache ServiceMix 4.3.0 on a CentOS machine.
>
> Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Happy Holidays and thanks for the help,
> Zach Calvert

Open Source SOA

Re: Disable (Prevent) Maven Downloads for ServiceMix

Gert Vanthienen
Administrator
L.S.,

Wouldn't it be a good idea to raise an enhancement JIRA for Pax Url to
allow switching it to offline mode (similar to what the -o flag does for
Maven itself) to make this a bit more straightforward to configure?

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> IIRC, if you remove all repositories from the
> org.ops4j.pax.url,mvn.repositories, it will use its default list.
> Try to set if a value such as
> file:${karaf.home}/${karaf.default.repository}@snapshots which will
> point to the system folder.
>
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 23:48, Calvert, Zach (Zach)** CTR **
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I'm working on a ServiceMix stack and want to lock it down such that the
> only repositories it will look for jars is in the local repository.  I have
> configured the org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg file to have an empty value for
> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories, yet it still downloads.
> >
> > Sadly, my google fu isn't strong enough to find the solution as
> mvn|maven returns all kinds of build queries and questions, and
> downloads|downloading gives me all kinds of nice info on downloading
> servicemix, but not how to lock down the maven consumption.
> >
> > We did find
> http://fusesource.com/docs/esb/4.4/esb_deploy_osgi/Locate-RunTime.html,
> but we still get downloads after making the above configuration.  I ran
> tcpdump after removing the data directory and then re-start servicemix, and
> then I get download activity like
> > GET
> /content/groups/pax-runner/org/springframework/spring-context-support/3.0.5.RELEASE/spring-context-support-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
> >
> > The only two properties I have configured in
> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories are
> >
> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.defaultRepositories=file:${karaf.home}/${karaf.default.repository}@snapshots
> > org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories=
> >
> > I am using Apache ServiceMix 4.3.0 on a CentOS machine.
> >
> > Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
> >

> > Happy Holidays and thanks for the help,
> > Zach Calvert
>

> --
> ------------------------
> Guillaume Nodet
> ------------------------
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
> ------------------------
> Open Source SOA
> http://fusesource.com

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Re: Disable (Prevent) Maven Downloads for ServiceMix

I always remove the repo from the repositories.list (by commenting it)
but it would be really helpful to have an offline mode.

On 12/16/2011 11:57 AM, Gert Vanthienen wrote:

> L.S.,
>

> Wouldn't it be a good idea to raise an enhancement JIRA for Pax Url to
> allow switching it to offline mode (similar to what the -o flag does for
> Maven itself) to make this a bit more straightforward to configure?
>

> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------
> FuseSource
> Web: http://fusesource.com
>

> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Guillaume Nodet<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> IIRC, if you remove all repositories from the
>> org.ops4j.pax.url,mvn.repositories, it will use its default list.
>> Try to set if a value such as
>> file:${karaf.home}/${karaf.default.repository}@snapshots which will
>> point to the system folder.
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 23:48, Calvert, Zach (Zach)** CTR **
>> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>> I'm working on a ServiceMix stack and want to lock it down such that the
>> only repositories it will look for jars is in the local repository.  I have
>> configured the org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg file to have an empty value for
>> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories, yet it still downloads.
>>>
>>> Sadly, my google fu isn't strong enough to find the solution as
>> mvn|maven returns all kinds of build queries and questions, and
>> downloads|downloading gives me all kinds of nice info on downloading
>> servicemix, but not how to lock down the maven consumption.
>>>
>>> We did find
>> http://fusesource.com/docs/esb/4.4/esb_deploy_osgi/Locate-RunTime.html,
>> but we still get downloads after making the above configuration.  I ran
>> tcpdump after removing the data directory and then re-start servicemix, and
>> then I get download activity like
>>> GET
>> /content/groups/pax-runner/org/springframework/spring-context-support/3.0.5.RELEASE/spring-context-support-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar
>>>
>>> The only two properties I have configured in
>> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories are
>>>
>> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.defaultRepositories=file:${karaf.home}/${karaf.default.repository}@snapshots
>>> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories=
>>>
>>> I am using Apache ServiceMix 4.3.0 on a CentOS machine.
>>>
>>> Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
>>>

>>> Happy Holidays and thanks for the help,
>>> Zach Calvert
>>

>> --
>> ------------------------
>> Guillaume Nodet
>> ------------------------
>> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
>> ------------------------
>> Open Source SOA
>> http://fusesource.com

Re: Disable (Prevent) Maven Downloads for ServiceMix

cajunesque
Bonjour Guillaume,
Does your reply mean that there is a way to have service mix resolve ONLY from the service directory, or will it point to the service dir, and yet still point to its two default mvn repos ( http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
 and http://repository.ops4j.org/maven2)?
I cannot seem to get maven to be completely offline no matter how I configure it.
It is out deployment requirement that it be entirely "airtight".
Mark

Re: Disable (Prevent) Maven Downloads for ServiceMix

Yes it is, see http://team.ops4j.org/browse/PAXURL-92
The useFallbackRepositories=false setting must be set to achieve this behavior.

FuseSource, Integration everywhere

Re: Disable (Prevent) Maven Downloads for ServiceMix

cajunesque
So, simply writing the following in the org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg

useFallbackRepositories=false

or

org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.useFallbackRepositories=false

will do the trick?

I ask because there is no mention of this param in the config file. We are using servicemix version 4 at LiveNation.

Merci bien,
Mark