FW: Briefing: ServiceMix

McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT)
Briefing: ServiceMix

FYI. Would be great if users from the ServiceMix community could assist me in helping Gartner understand the value proposition behind open source. Please drop me a note if you have any additional insight...

Re: FW: Briefing: ServiceMix

Bruce Snyder
On 1/31/06, McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> FYI. Would be great if users from the ServiceMix community could assist me
> in helping Gartner understand the value proposition behind open source.
> Please drop me a note if you have any additional insight...

James,

I have spoken to many people about understanding open source,
including journalists and industry analysts. If you're so inclined,
please send Roy my way so that we can have a discussion.

Bruce
);'

Apache Geronimo (http://geronimo.apache.org/)

Castor (http://castor.org/)

RE: FW: Briefing: ServiceMix

McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT)
Roy isn't struggling with open source. I too have a similar background and would have covered that particular aspect. He needs to have a direct conversation with a user of ServiceMix that has it deployed in a production setting. We are not in production yet so we don't count.

Curious to learn which Fortune 1000 enterprises have deployed to production?

On 2/1/06, McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT) <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Roy isn't struggling with open source. I too have a similar background and would have covered that particular aspect. He needs to have a direct conversation with a user of ServiceMix that has it deployed in a production setting. We are not in production yet so we don't count.

My mistake, I guess I didn't provide the entire story. I actually work
for LogicBlaze and can put Roy in touch with customers who are using
ServiceMix.

> Curious to learn which Fortune 1000 enterprises have deployed to production?

Sure, maybe you know something I don't ;-).

Bruce
);'

Apache Geronimo (http://geronimo.apache.org/)

Castor (http://castor.org/)

RE: FW: Briefing: ServiceMix

McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT)
I think the best approach is to ask your customers themselves to contact Roy directly. It gets kinda funny especially when you aren't a Gartner client...