Fwd: [DISCUSS] Apache ServiceMix APIMan

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
Forwarding on user mailing list

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [DISCUSS] Apache ServiceMix APIMan
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 08:12:43 +0200
From: Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]

Hi team,

Some weeks ago we discussed about adding a new API Management layer in ServiceMix.

The original draft document is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lNpIRmJTFydnNpSH66URUU8EclVOiWQbh_OFM_v858s/edit?usp=sharing

I started a PoC on my local repo that I will push on my github.

I would like to know your thoughts:
- about this layer (does it make sense or not)
- as part of ServiceMix (or in another project or standalone project)
- who would be interested to work with me on that

Thoughts ?

ODP: [DISCUSS] Apache ServiceMix APIMan

Koprowski, Mariusz
Hi
That would be cool thing =)
But does the servicmix have swagger alredy ?

Re: ODP: [DISCUSS] Apache ServiceMix APIMan

ksobkowiak
Hi

ServiceMix provides swagger feature based on Scala 10 and 11 (https://github.com/apache/servicemix/blob/master/assemblies/features/servicemix-features/src/main/feature/feature.xml#L86-L125). Apache Camel has migrated it's own feature to Java based implementation many months ago. I think we should use this solution way too - maybe we can re-use the Camel feature or we can create e feature in ServiceMix Features and Camel could use our feature.

I think the API Manager will have own life cycle and the best place would be the ServiceMix Features repo (eventually a new separate servicemix-apm repo)

Kindly regards
Krzysztof

On 18.04.2017 10:41, Koprowski, Mariusz wrote:

> Hi
> That would be cool thing =)
> But does the servicmix have swagger alredy ?

Krzysztof Sobkowiak