Invoking the servicemix bean component

Sylvester Steele
Hi,
I am a servicemix beginner. I have a decent idea about the various
components, ie SE, BC, SA, SU etc. I created a servicemix-bean SU and SA
in eclipse with maven. How do I invoke this endpoint. How do I create a
BC/ reuse a BC for this?
If I use the cxf-bc to invoke this, will that work? Is that the right
way to go?

Basically, any suggestions on invoking this servicemix-bean endpoint are
welcome. I didn't find any info on the website about this.

Thanks,
Sylvester

Re: Invoking the servicemix bean component

Edell Nolan
Hi,

Have you looked at the examples in the kit or if you go to the components
and take a look at the tests you will see plenty of examples.

It really depends what you are trying to do.

E.g.  you could have a file:poller invoke on this endpoint or you could use
the cxf-bc - inorder to invoke on this endpoint you would be specifying a
combination of its service, interfaceName or endpoint in another as SU as
its targetService and targetEndpoint for example.

If you can provide some more details of what you are trying to do - I can
try and help.

Edell.

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 4:21 AM, Sylvester <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi,
> I am a servicemix beginner. I have a decent idea about the various
> components, ie SE, BC, SA, SU etc. I created a servicemix-bean SU and SA in
> eclipse with maven. How do I invoke this endpoint. How do I create a BC/
> reuse a BC for this?
> If I use the cxf-bc to invoke this, will that work? Is that the right way
> to go?
>
> Basically, any suggestions on invoking this servicemix-bean endpoint are
> welcome. I didn't find any info on the website about this.
>
> Thanks,
> Sylvester

Re: Invoking the servicemix bean component

Sylvester Steele
Hi,
I did go to the servicemix-bean page. It does show the different kinds
of beans, but I'd like to know how exactly to invoke a bean. I'm not
trying to do anything spectacular. This is a helloWorld bean.

Sylvester

Edell Nolan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have you looked at the examples in the kit or if you go to the components
> and take a look at the tests you will see plenty of examples.
>
> It really depends what you are trying to do.
>
> E.g.  you could have a file:poller invoke on this endpoint or you could use
> the cxf-bc - inorder to invoke on this endpoint you would be specifying a
> combination of its service, interfaceName or endpoint in another as SU as
> its targetService and targetEndpoint for example.
>
> If you can provide some more details of what you are trying to do - I can
> try and help.
>
> Edell.
>
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 4:21 AM, Sylvester <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>> I am a servicemix beginner. I have a decent idea about the various
>> components, ie SE, BC, SA, SU etc. I created a servicemix-bean SU and SA in
>> eclipse with maven. How do I invoke this endpoint. How do I create a BC/
>> reuse a BC for this?
>> If I use the cxf-bc to invoke this, will that work? Is that the right way
>> to go?
>>
>> Basically, any suggestions on invoking this servicemix-bean endpoint are
>> welcome. I didn't find any info on the website about this.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sylvester

Re: Invoking the servicemix bean component

Edell Nolan
Try downloading the src for the components and look in the tests directory

https://projects.open.iona.com/projects/svn/iona/servicemix/components/trunk

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Sylvester <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi,
> I did go to the servicemix-bean page. It does show the different kinds of
> beans, but I'd like to know how exactly to invoke a bean. I'm not trying to
> do anything spectacular. This is a helloWorld bean.
>
> Sylvester
>

> Edell Nolan wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Have you looked at the examples in the kit or if you go to the components
>> and take a look at the tests you will see plenty of examples.
>>
>> It really depends what you are trying to do.
>>
>> E.g.  you could have a file:poller invoke on this endpoint or you could
>> use
>> the cxf-bc - inorder to invoke on this endpoint you would be specifying a
>> combination of its service, interfaceName or endpoint in another as SU as
>> its targetService and targetEndpoint for example.
>>
>> If you can provide some more details of what you are trying to do - I can
>> try and help.
>>
>> Edell.
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 4:21 AM, Sylvester <[hidden email]
>> >wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>> I am a servicemix beginner. I have a decent idea about the various
>>> components, ie SE, BC, SA, SU etc. I created a servicemix-bean SU and SA
>>> in
>>> eclipse with maven. How do I invoke this endpoint. How do I create a BC/
>>> reuse a BC for this?
>>> If I use the cxf-bc to invoke this, will that work? Is that the right way
>>> to go?
>>>
>>> Basically, any suggestions on invoking this servicemix-bean endpoint are
>>> welcome. I didn't find any info on the website about this.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sylvester

Re: Invoking the servicemix bean component

Sylvester Steele
The server is asking for a userID, password. How do I make one?

Thanks

Edell Nolan wrote:

> Try downloading the src for the components and look in the tests directory
>
> https://projects.open.iona.com/projects/svn/iona/servicemix/components/trunk
>

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Sylvester <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>> I did go to the servicemix-bean page. It does show the different kinds of
>> beans, but I'd like to know how exactly to invoke a bean. I'm not trying to
>> do anything spectacular. This is a helloWorld bean.
>>
>> Sylvester
>>

>> Edell Nolan wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Have you looked at the examples in the kit or if you go to the components
>>> and take a look at the tests you will see plenty of examples.
>>>
>>> It really depends what you are trying to do.
>>>
>>> E.g.  you could have a file:poller invoke on this endpoint or you could
>>> use
>>> the cxf-bc - inorder to invoke on this endpoint you would be specifying a
>>> combination of its service, interfaceName or endpoint in another as SU as
>>> its targetService and targetEndpoint for example.
>>>
>>> If you can provide some more details of what you are trying to do - I can
>>> try and help.
>>>
>>> Edell.
>>>
>>> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 4:21 AM, Sylvester <[hidden email]

Re: Invoking the servicemix bean component

Edell Nolan
Really sorry pasted the wrong link

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/components

I will try and get you an example

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Sylvester <[hidden email]>wrote:

> The server is asking for a userID, password. How do I make one?
>
> Thanks
>

> Edell Nolan wrote:
>
>> Try downloading the src for the components and look in the tests directory
>>

>> https://projects.open.iona.com/projects/svn/iona/servicemix/components/trunk
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Sylvester <[hidden email]
>> >wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>> I did go to the servicemix-bean page. It does show the different kinds of
>>> beans, but I'd like to know how exactly to invoke a bean. I'm not trying
>>> do anything spectacular. This is a helloWorld bean.
>>>
>>> Sylvester

Re: Invoking the servicemix bean component

Edell Nolan
Hi,

Example using a file poller

File-poller-su

*<beans xmlns:file="http://servicemix.apache.org/file/1.0"
        xmlns:exam="http://example.company.com/">

    <file:poller service="exam:file"
        endpoint="poller"
        file="file:${DIRECTORY_LOCATION}"
        targetService="exam:StockService"
        targetEndpoint="StockEndpoint"
        deleteFile="true"
        autoCreateDirectory="true"
        delay="30000" period="30000"/>

</beans>

then my StockService implements my MessageExchangeListener

StockService-su

<beans xmlns:bean="http://servicemix.apache.org/bean/1.0"
       xmlns:exam="http://example.company.com/">

       <bean:endpoint service="exam:StockService"
             endpoint="StockEndpoint" bean="#stockProcessorBean" />
     <bean id="stockProcessorBean" class="example.company.StockProcessor" />

</beans>

public class StockProcessor implements MessageExchangeListener {
}
*

You would then have a SA that has a dependency on both SU's

If you want to use the Cxf-bc you can do something very similar. You may
have to set up a client to initiate a request

client => cxf-bc (consumer) => servicemix-bean

There are examples of clients in the examples in the kit.

Hope this helps,

Edell.

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Edell Nolan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Really sorry pasted the wrong link
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/components
>
> I will try and get you an example
>

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Sylvester <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> The server is asking for a userID, password. How do I make one?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> Edell Nolan wrote:
>>
>>> Try downloading the src for the components and look in the tests
>>> directory
>>>

>>> https://projects.open.iona.com/projects/svn/iona/servicemix/components/trunk
>>>

>>> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Sylvester <[hidden email]

Re: Invoking the servicemix bean component

Edell Nolan
By the way what version of Servicemix are you using.

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:36 PM, Edell Nolan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Example using a file poller
>
> File-poller-su
>
> *<beans xmlns:file="http://servicemix.apache.org/file/1.0"
>         xmlns:exam="http://example.company.com/">
>
>     <file:poller service="exam:file"
>         endpoint="poller"
>         file="file:${DIRECTORY_LOCATION}"
>         targetService="exam:StockService"
>         targetEndpoint="StockEndpoint"
>         deleteFile="true"
>         autoCreateDirectory="true"
>         delay="30000" period="30000"/>
>
> </beans>
>
> then my StockService implements my MessageExchangeListener
>
> StockService-su
>
> <beans xmlns:bean="http://servicemix.apache.org/bean/1.0"
>        xmlns:exam="http://example.company.com/">
>
>        <bean:endpoint service="exam:StockService"
>              endpoint="StockEndpoint" bean="#stockProcessorBean" />
>      <bean id="stockProcessorBean" class="example.company.StockProcessor"
> />
>
> </beans>
>
> public class StockProcessor implements MessageExchangeListener {
> }
> *
>
> You would then have a SA that has a dependency on both SU's
>
> If you want to use the Cxf-bc you can do something very similar. You may
> have to set up a client to initiate a request
>
> client => cxf-bc (consumer) => servicemix-bean
>
> There are examples of clients in the examples in the kit.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Edell.
>

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Edell Nolan <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Really sorry pasted the wrong link
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/components
>>
>> I will try and get you an example
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Sylvester <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> The server is asking for a userID, password. How do I make one?
>>>
>>> Thanks

Re: Invoking the servicemix bean component

If you want to call POJO beans (which can be very advanced), you can use directly a cxf-se SU with a xbean.xml like this :

<beans xmlns:cxfse="http://servicemix.apache.org/cxfse/1.0"
       xmlns:myservice="http://www.exemple.com/myservice">

   <cxfse:endpoint service="myservice" endpoint="mybean">
      <cxfse:pojo>
         <bean class="com.exemple.mybean"/>
      </cxfse:pojo>
   </cxfse:endpoint>

</beans>

One time that you have packaged this SU in a SA, your CXF-SE based component will registered in the NMR.

Don't forget that the NMR is uniq, so one time your CXF-SE is registered in the NMR you can create binding components in new SUs from other SAs.

You can use the BC that you want (http, jms, cxf-bc, etc).

For exemple, you can create a new SA containing a HTTP based SU using this xbean.xml :

<beans xmlns:http="http://servicemix.apache.org/http/1.0"
       xmlns:myservice="http://www.exemple.com/myservice">

   <http:consumer service="myservice" endpoint="myhttp"
                  targetService="myservice" targetEndpoint="mybean"
                  locationUri="http://0.0.0.0:8282/myService/"
                  soap="true"/>

</beans>

Regards

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré (Nanthrax)
PGP : 17D4F086

Re: Invoking the servicemix bean component

Sylvester Steele
I am using 3.3.

Edell Nolan wrote:

> By the way what version of Servicemix are you using.
>

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:36 PM, Edell Nolan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Example using a file poller
>>
>> File-poller-su
>>
>> *<beans xmlns:file="http://servicemix.apache.org/file/1.0"
>>         xmlns:exam="http://example.company.com/">
>>
>>     <file:poller service="exam:file"
>>         endpoint="poller"
>>         file="file:${DIRECTORY_LOCATION}"
>>         targetService="exam:StockService"
>>         targetEndpoint="StockEndpoint"
>>         deleteFile="true"
>>         autoCreateDirectory="true"
>>         delay="30000" period="30000"/>
>>
>> </beans>
>>
>> then my StockService implements my MessageExchangeListener
>>
>> StockService-su
>>
>> <beans xmlns:bean="http://servicemix.apache.org/bean/1.0"
>>        xmlns:exam="http://example.company.com/">
>>
>>        <bean:endpoint service="exam:StockService"
>>              endpoint="StockEndpoint" bean="#stockProcessorBean" />
>>      <bean id="stockProcessorBean" class="example.company.StockProcessor"
>> />
>>
>> </beans>
>>
>> public class StockProcessor implements MessageExchangeListener {
>> }
>> *
>>
>> You would then have a SA that has a dependency on both SU's
>>
>> If you want to use the Cxf-bc you can do something very similar. You may
>> have to set up a client to initiate a request
>>
>> client => cxf-bc (consumer) => servicemix-bean
>>
>> There are examples of clients in the examples in the kit.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Edell.
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Edell Nolan <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>

>>> Really sorry pasted the wrong link
>>>
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/components
>>>
>>> I will try and get you an example

Re: Invoking the servicemix bean component

Sylvester Steele
Thanks for your help guys, I got a servicemix-bean working!

Sylvester