Karaf stalls

ameymahadik
Hi

We are using apache service mix 7.0.1 and karaf 4.0.9 running on RHEL
Linux version 2.6.32-504.el6.x86_64 (
[hidden email]) (gcc version 4.4.7 20120313
(Red Hat 4.4.7-11) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Tue Sep 16 01:56:35 EDT 2014

Our application hangs all of a sudden with no response from karaf client

We have taken a thread dump, but unable to identify as to what is causing
this issue . This issue occurs every 2 weeks

Regards
Amey

--

*
*

These messages including
any attachments are intended only for the addressee and may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not
the named addressee or authorized to receive this mail, you shall not copy,
forward, disclose or take any action based on this message or any part
thereof. In the event that you are not the named addressee/intended
recipient of the e-mail, please notify the sender of receipt of this
message and delete this message including any attachment to it from your
computer system immediately. The recipient acknowledges that the views,
opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender and shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed by CAPIOT*, unless the sender does so expressly with due authority
of CAPIOT and CAPIOT shall not be liable for any errors or omissions in the
context of this message. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
These messages, unless specifically stated in the email and followed by an
agreement, does not tantamount to an offer or an acceptance of an offer by
the sender.

* CAPIOT refers to CAPIOT, Inc. and all its subsidiaries
including CAPIOT Software Private Limited, CAPIOT Software Pty Ltd, CAPIOT
Software Pte Ltd.

Re: Karaf stalls

It could be related to the client idle timeout. It has been improved in
Karaf 4.2.x. I'm working to upgrade SMX to use Karaf 4.2.x, so I would
suggest to test with the next SMX release.

In meantime, did you try to increase the idle timeout in
etc/org.apache.karaf.shell.cfg ?