Nabble forums

Last week, I spent a few hours removing a lot of spams from the nabble
forums.
In order to not be spammed anymore, I disabled the creation and reply to
the forums, thereby acting as a read-only archive of the mailing lists.
I'm getting requests from users to be able to post.

I think we can:
  * leave it as is and force users to use the mailing lists
  * create a team and put users in that team so that they can write in the
forums
  * revert and allow anyone to write (which will bring spam again)

What you guys want to do ?
If you want the second case, I'd like some PMC members to step in and
moderate the forums (not sure how, maybe force them to register to the
mailing list first ?)

Re: Nabble forums

ksobkowiak
Hi Guillaume

Thanks for removing the spam from Nabble. I didn't know it is possible. I had to moderate/reject last 2 months a huge amount of spam sent to the mailing lists.
I think, we should not let write anyone without registration. I think, we should moderate the forum, but actually have no idea how we should do this. I don't
know Nabble too good. If we have a method I can be one of the moderators.

Kindly regards
Krzysztof

On 04.09.2017 17:24, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

> Last week, I spent a few hours removing a lot of spams from the nabble
> forums.
> In order to not be spammed anymore, I disabled the creation and reply to
> the forums, thereby acting as a read-only archive of the mailing lists.
> I'm getting requests from users to be able to post.
>
> I think we can:
>   * leave it as is and force users to use the mailing lists
>   * create a team and put users in that team so that they can write in the
> forums
>   * revert and allow anyone to write (which will bring spam again)
>
> What you guys want to do ?
> If you want the second case, I'd like some PMC members to step in and
> moderate the forums (not sure how, maybe force them to register to the
> mailing list first ?)
>
> Cheers,

Krzysztof Sobkowiak

Re: Nabble forums

Freeman-2
The only case I think nabble is useful and can do the mailing list can’t is send through the attachment(like a testcase),  seems our mailing list filter won’t let the attachment through, but we can always use jira ticket to attach testcase if we need it.
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat