New community participant

jm04469-2
Been active in the open source community for several years now and recently
ran across ServiceMix and would like to volunteer my services. Have several
questions / thoughts though:

1. Is this project seeking strictly coders and testers? As an employee of a
Fortune 100 enterprise, the one thing that I have found even more valuable
than coding and testing is the ability to spread knowledge of its usage to
the media. If no one knows about a good product, then they can't choose it.
Do you folks see value in me helping ServiceMix appear in magazine articles
and in industry analyst reports?

2. Curious to know if ServiceMix is currently deployed in other Fortune 100
enterprises in production capacity?

3. Is anyone blogging about ServiceMix. NOTE: I blog at
http://duckdown.blogspot.com

4. Anyone game to help me with coding aspects related to making ServiceMix
scale above and beyond any other ESB? I have access to
http://www.azulsystems.com 384 CPU boxes.

5. Hopefully someone hear has thought about combining servicemix with an
enterprise portal. I of course am a fan of Liferay...

Re: New community participant

Gopinath PV
> 5. Hopefully someone hear has thought about
> combining servicemix with an
> enterprise portal. I of course am a fan of
> Liferay...

Hi James,

I was suggesting this to this list yesterday that we
should display the component's business data through
portlets.

Thanks
Gopinath P V

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: New community participant

Robert Davies-2
Hi James,

Good to here from you - in-lined:

On 9 Dec 2005, at 04:26, James McGovern wrote:

> Been active in the open source community for several years now and
> recently
> ran across ServiceMix and would like to volunteer my services. Have
> several
> questions / thoughts though:
THX!

> 1. Is this project seeking strictly coders and testers? As an
> employee of a
> Fortune 100 enterprise, the one thing that I have found even more
> valuable
> than coding and testing is the ability to spread knowledge of its
> usage to
> the media. If no one knows about a good product, then they can't
> choose it.
> Do you folks see value in me helping ServiceMix appear in magazine
> articles
> and in industry analyst reports?
YES PLEASE!!!!

> 2. Curious to know if ServiceMix is currently deployed in other
> Fortune 100
> enterprises in production capacity?
It's certainly in pre-production with some Fortune 100's and
production with some SMBs.

> 3. Is anyone blogging about ServiceMix. NOTE: I blog at
> http://duckdown.blogspot.com

we have: http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/ (James Strachan) -  and
here http://swik.net/ServiceMix/Blog%3A+ServiceMix+%28SM%29
but it would be great if you could blog about it too :)

> 4. Anyone game to help me with coding aspects related to making
> ServiceMix
> scale above and beyond any other ESB? I have access to
> http://www.azulsystems.com 384 CPU boxes.
Yes - I'd be happy to help - ServiceMix is distributed - but we
haven't tried to scale it beyond 10 nodes at the moment

> 5. Hopefully someone hear has thought about combining servicemix
> with an
> enterprise portal. I of course am a fan of Liferay...
There has been some chatter about this - I think we need someone to
volunteer and do it really - as we're all snowed :)

cheers.

Rob