New milestone and support of java-11

Geaaru
Hi devs,

Unfortunately, the time for maintains Opensource projects in our free
time is always too few. As Sabayon dev and Gentoo ebuild maintainer, I
know what this means.

I see that in the last period are been released new Apache Servicemix
Bundles in the 2019 but not a complete release.

So:

* are there milestone for release new versions?

* last releases could be used with java-11.0.x?

Thanks in advance for any feedback and thank you for your job.

-- geaaru

Re: New milestone and support of java-11

I'm preparing a new release major version including update to Karaf
4.2.x. This will be JDK 11 compliant (at least for the Karaf part).

On 17/06/2019 12:30, Geaaru wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> Unfortunately, the time for maintains Opensource projects in our free
> time is always too few. As Sabayon dev and Gentoo ebuild maintainer, I
> know what this means.
>
> I see that in the last period are been released new Apache Servicemix
> Bundles in the 2019 but not a complete release.
>
> So:
>
> * are there milestone for release new versions?
>
> * last releases could be used with java-11.0.x?
>
> Thanks in advance for any feedback and thank you for your job.
>
> -- geaaru

Re: New milestone and support of java-11

Geaaru
Hi JB,

Ok, thank you very very much for clarification.

g.

On Mon, 2019-06-17 at 16:04 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm preparing a new release major version including update to Karaf
> 4.2.x. This will be JDK 11 compliant (at least for the Karaf part).

> On 17/06/2019 12:30, Geaaru wrote:
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > Unfortunately, the time for maintains Opensource projects in our free
> > time is always too few. As Sabayon dev and Gentoo ebuild maintainer, I
> > know what this means.
> >
> > I see that in the last period are been released new Apache Servicemix
> > Bundles in the 2019 but not a complete release.
> >
> > So:
> >
> > * are there milestone for release new versions?
> >
> > * last releases could be used with java-11.0.x?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any feedback and thank you for your job.
> >
> > -- geaaru

Re: New milestone and support of java-11

Geaaru
Hi JB,

have you a possible date for a new release with Karaf 4.2.x and jdk 11
? Will be a 8.x release?

Thanks in advance.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all SMX devs team.

Regards,
geaaru

On Mon, 2019-06-17 at 16:04 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm preparing a new release major version including update to Karaf
> 4.2.x. This will be JDK 11 compliant (at least for the Karaf part).

> On 17/06/2019 12:30, Geaaru wrote:
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > Unfortunately, the time for maintains Opensource projects in our free
> > time is always too few. As Sabayon dev and Gentoo ebuild maintainer, I
> > know what this means.
> >
> > I see that in the last period are been released new Apache Servicemix
> > Bundles in the 2019 but not a complete release.
> >
> > So:
> >
> > * are there milestone for release new versions?
> >
> > * last releases could be used with java-11.0.x?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any feedback and thank you for your job.
> >
> > -- geaaru

Re: New milestone and support of java-11

Yeah, I plan to cut 8.x branch to update to Karaf 4.2.x. I don't think a
release will happen before end of January.

I'm right now busy with Karaf 4.2.8/4.3.0.RC1 release preparation.