[REPORT] ServiceMix - September 2018

ksobkowiak
Description =========== Apache ServiceMix is a flexible, open-source
integration container that unifies the features and functionality of
Apache ActiveMQ, Camel, CXF and Karaf to provide a complete,
enterprise-ready ESB powered by OSGi. Issues ====== There are no
outstanding issues requiring board attention. Activity ======== The
project focus of Apache ServiceMix is the assembly of the integration
container, the actual functionality is being maintained in related
projects like Apache Karaf, Apache CXF, Apache Camel and Apache
ActiveMQ. - We have released 3 sets of OSGi bundles. - Our users are
asking for the new ServiceMix release, so we should focus on preparing
the new ServiceMix 7 (or maybe 8) based on the newest versions of Apache
Karaf and Apache Camel. - We are going to focus more on improvement of
the documentation and improvement of the examples to give people easier
start into integration with ServiceMix. - We should focus during the
next perdios on cloud and devops themes to make the ServiceMix
distribution more attractive for users. Health report ============= -
Activity on the mailing lists and in JIRA is on the same level like in
the last period. We had some contributions. - Our 2 PMC members have
stepped down from PMC, because they have been inactive for a longer time
and tehy didn't expect any further contribution from their side. We
acttually don't see any new candidates to be invited to join PMC. PMC
changes =========== - Currently 22 PMC members. - Andrea Cosentino was
added to the PMC on Wed Mar 15 2017 Committer base changes
====================== - Currently 50 committers. - No new committers
added in the last 3 months - Last committer addition was Andrea
Cosentino at Sun Mar 13 2016 Releases ======== - Apache ServiceMix
Bundles 2018.06 on July 10 2018 - Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2018.07 on
August 12 2018 - Apache ServiceMix Bundles 2018.08 on September 06 2018
JIRA activity ============= - 51 JIRA tickets created in the last 3
months - 50 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months