Re: A question about DeliveryChannelImpl.processInBound

Re: A question about DeliveryChannelImpl.processInBound

Guillaume Nodet-3
This is necessary when using clustered flows : in these cases, the
packet is not the same ....

Peter Smith wrote:

> I've been looking at the ServiceMix version 1.0 source code.
>
> I have a question. I do not understand the following AckHelper
> processing in the DeliveryChannelImpl.processInBound method .
>
>                if (ack != null) {
>                    ack.getMessageExchange().setPacket(packet); // WHY
> IS THIS REQUIRED
>                    ack.done();
>                }else {
>
> My understanding (after debugging my simple configuration) is that the
> ExchangePacket instance remains the same throughout the entire process
> flow. So the packet instance in the ME held by the AckHelper is the
> same packet instance that was in that ME when the
> DeliveryChannelImpl.sendSync(ME) was done in the first place....
>
> I'm confused. Can somebody shed some light on why this statement is
> needed at all?
>
> Thanks!

RssPollingComponent

Maxim Surov
Hi all,

I just have launched RssPollingComponent that is provided with ServiceMix
distribution.

I got NullPointerException

 if (entry.getPublishedDate().after(getLastPolledDate())) {
     result.add(entry);
 }

because of entry.getPublishedDate() returns null.

It polls correct rss feeds, etc.

Does anyone know the reason?

Probably I should somehow configure ROMA tools to work with Rss.

Regards,
Maxim

Re: RssPollingComponent

Guillaume Nodet-3
I do not know much about rss.
Should an entry always have a published date ?
If no, we should handle the problem, if yes, where does the error come
from ?
Any thoughts ?

Guillaume Nodet

Maxim Surov wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I just have launched RssPollingComponent that is provided with ServiceMix
>distribution.
>
>I got NullPointerException
>
> if (entry.getPublishedDate().after(getLastPolledDate())) {
>     result.add(entry);
> }
>
>because of entry.getPublishedDate() returns null.
>
>It polls correct rss feeds, etc.
>
>Does anyone know the reason?
>
>Probably I should somehow configure ROMA tools to work with Rss.
>
>Regards,
>Maxim

Re: RssPollingComponent

Maxim Surov
I use the following ones:

<value>http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_uk_edition/front_page/rss.xml
</value>
   <value>http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_topstories.rss</value>

They have published date for sure.

Regards,
Maxim

> Should an entry always have a published date ?
> If no, we should handle the problem, if yes, where does the error come
> from ?
> Any thoughts ?
>
> Guillaume Nodet
>
> Maxim Surov wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I just have launched RssPollingComponent that is provided with ServiceMix
> >distribution.
> >
> >I got NullPointerException
> >
> > if (entry.getPublishedDate().after(getLastPolledDate())) {
> >     result.add(entry);
> > }
> >
> >because of entry.getPublishedDate() returns null.
> >
> >It polls correct rss feeds, etc.
> >
> >Does anyone know the reason?
> >
> >Probably I should somehow configure ROMA tools to work with Rss.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Maxim

CounterMonitorComponent

Maxim Surov

I wanted to launch CounterMonitorComponent component but I did not find any
servicemix.xml or jbi-spring.xml
related to it.

Is there servicemix.xml or jbi-spring.xml for CounterMonitorComponent ?
Could you provide it?

Regards,
Maxim

JBoss monitoring and alerting + ServiceMix

Maxim Surov

Has anyone tried to use JBoss monitoring system with ServiceMix?
to monitor particular attribute of particular JBI component.

Should JBI component implement some specific interface?

Can you provide some info related to this?

Regards,
Maxim

Re: RssPollingComponent

Could you please raise a JIRA for that ?

Maxim Surov wrote:

>I use the following ones:
>
><value>http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_uk_edition/front_page/rss.xml
></value>
>   <value>http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_topstories.rss</value>
>
>They have published date for sure.
>
>Regards,
>Maxim

Re: CounterMonitorComponent

I am not aware of any use case for this component.

Maxim Surov wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I wanted to launch CounterMonitorComponent component but I did not find any
>servicemix.xml or jbi-spring.xml
>related to it.
>
>Is there servicemix.xml or jbi-spring.xml for CounterMonitorComponent ?
>Could you provide it?
>
>Regards,
>Maxim

Re: JBoss monitoring and alerting + ServiceMix

Each component may give the NMR with an ObjectName.
See javax.jbi.component.ComponentLifeCycle#getExtensionMBeanName.
This information is not used directly by ServiceMix.