Releasing bundles with a source distribution

Releasing bundles with a source distribution

We need to have a source distribution for bundles (i mean third party
libraries we turn into osgi bundles) we release, that's a clear ASF
policy and we don't really conform to it.
It should be quite easy to do in the parent bundle pom but we need to
do that before releasing anymore bundles.

Open Source SOA

Re: Releasing bundles with a source distribution

We do it in ACE simply using:

             <plugin>
                 <artifactId>maven-source-plugin</artifactId>
                 <executions>
                     <execution>
                         <id>attach-sources</id>
                         <phase>verify</phase>
                         <goals>
                             <goal>jar</goal>
                         </goals>
                     </execution>
                 </executions>
             </plugin>

If all are OK, I will do the enhancement.

On 02/23/2011 01:56 PM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> We need to have a source distribution for bundles (i mean third party
> libraries we turn into osgi bundles) we release, that's a clear ASF
> policy and we don't really conform to it.
> It should be quite easy to do in the parent bundle pom but we need to
> do that before releasing anymore bundles.

Re: Releasing bundles with a source distribution

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
Just to be sure:
you're talking about the sources coming from the tiers dependency ?
In that case, you need to add it in the bundle-pom.

> +1
>
> We do it in ACE simply using:
>
> <plugin>
> <artifactId>maven-source-plugin</artifactId>
> <executions>
> <execution>
> <id>attach-sources</id>
> <phase>verify</phase>
> <goals>
> <goal>jar</goal>
> </goals>
> </execution>
> </executions>
> </plugin>
>
> If all are OK, I will do the enhancement.

> On 02/23/2011 01:56 PM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>> We need to have a source distribution for bundles (i mean third party
>> libraries we turn into osgi bundles) we release, that's a clear ASF
>> policy and we don't really conform to it.
>> It should be quite easy to do in the parent bundle pom but we need to
>> do that before releasing anymore bundles.

Re: Releasing bundles with a source distribution

Well, that's clearly a nice to have, but I was talking about a way to
actually build the same bundle for the user, so a source distribution
which should work as you describe using the maven source plugin.

Open Source SOA

Re: Releasing bundles with a source distribution

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
OK, clear.

It makes sense.

Thanks