Retrieve subscribers from an ActiveMQ topic defined in a Camel route

Retrieve subscribers from an ActiveMQ topic defined in a Camel route

catshout
Folks,

I'm looking for a simple way to retrieve the currently registered (durable) subscribers on an ActiveMQ topic within a Camel DSL route.

I did research something and found JMX (jolokia), ActiveMQ rest services as well as Advisory Messages. Nothing that became really concrete and helpful.

What are your best practices to capture those information from a topic defined in ActiveMQ? I imagine a simple "uri: from ..." with some parameters but maybe I'm thinking too simple?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Best
- Gerald

Re: Retrieve subscribers from an ActiveMQ topic defined in a Camel route

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
Hi Gerald,

yes you can use JMX, or you can use a Processor in Camel, to directly
retrieve the subscribers using ActiveMQ API.

On 09/16/2015 10:27 PM, catshout wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'm looking for a simple way to retrieve the currently registered (durable)
> subscribers on an ActiveMQ topic within a Camel DSL route.
>
> I did research something and found JMX (jolokia), ActiveMQ rest services as
> well as Advisory Messages. Nothing that became really concrete and helpful.
>
> What are your best practices to capture those information from a topic
> defined in ActiveMQ? I imagine a simple "uri: from ..." with some parameters
> but maybe I'm thinking too simple?
>
> Any suggestions are highly appreciated.
>
> Best
> - Gerald

Re: Retrieve subscribers from an ActiveMQ topic defined in a Camel route

catshout
Many thanks for the reply.

Would it be possible to grab the subscribers through the ActiveMQ rest API?
http://activemq.apache.org/rest.html

How to activate this rest API within ServiceMix?

Best
- Gerald