Service registration at runtime with ServiceMix ESB.

Service registration at runtime with ServiceMix ESB.

Denis Bessmertnyj-3
Hi,
Is it possible to register Services in ServiceMix ESB at runtime?
For exmample put xml with service description to directory and ServiceMix
will get it and install new service.

Thanks for answer,

-
Denis

Re: Service registration at runtime with ServiceMix ESB.

lhe77
You can deploy SU's/SA's at runtime. That is no problem at all.
I think in SMX4 you are even able to deploy xml configuration files.

Lars

Am Montag 22 September 2008 09:57:53 schrieb Denis Bessmertnyj:
> Hi,
> Is it possible to register Services in ServiceMix ESB at runtime?
> For exmample put xml with service description to directory and ServiceMix
> will get it and install new service.
>
> Thanks for answer,
>
> -
> Denis

Re: Service registration at runtime with ServiceMix ESB.

Denis Bessmertnyj-3
Lars,

It means that I need to deploy my services to ServiceMix
or it is possible to provide ServiceMix with service description file?

Thanks,

-
Denis
On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Lars Heinemann
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> You can deploy SU's/SA's at runtime. That is no problem at all.
> I think in SMX4 you are even able to deploy xml configuration files.
>
> Lars
>

> Am Montag 22 September 2008 09:57:53 schrieb Denis Bessmertnyj:
>  > Hi,
> > Is it possible to register Services in ServiceMix ESB at rДфuntime?
> > For exmample put xml with service description to directory and ServiceMix
> > will get it and install new service.
> >
> > Thanks for answer,
> >
> > -
> > Denis

Re: Service registration at runtime with ServiceMix ESB.

lhe77
Denis,

there are several ways how to deploy services in smx.
One way is to deploy service assemblies into the hotdeploy/deploy folder.
Another is to use the static configuration file for setting up smx.
Another way is to deploy xml files to smx4 for setting up services.

You should have a look here:

[1] http://servicemix.apache.org/deployment-models.html

[2] http://servicemix.apache.org/SMX4NMR/3-deploying-jbi-components-without-
the-jbi-packaging.html

Feel also free to search the forums and ask further questions.

Lars

Am Montag 22 September 2008 11:57:26 schrieb Denis Bessmertnyj:

> Lars,
>
> It means that I need to deploy my services to ServiceMix
> or it is possible to provide ServiceMix with service description file?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -
> Denis
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Lars Heinemann
>
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
> > You can deploy SU's/SA's at runtime. That is no problem at all.
> > I think in SMX4 you are even able to deploy xml configuration files.
> >
> > Lars
> >
> > Am Montag 22 September 2008 09:57:53 schrieb Denis Bessmertnyj:
> >  > Hi,
> > >
> > > Is it possible to register Services in ServiceMix ESB at rДфuntime?
> > > For exmample put xml with service description to directory and
> > > ServiceMix will get it and install new service.
> > >
> > > Thanks for answer,
> > >
> > > -
> > > Denis

Re: Service registration at runtime with ServiceMix ESB.

Another way is to use JMX to deploy/redeploy services.

 On Mon 22/09/08 12:05, "Lars Heinemann" [hidden email] wrote:
> Denis,
>
> there are several ways how to deploy services in smx.
> One way is to deploy service assemblies into the hotdeploy/deploy
> folder.
Another is to use the static configuration file for setting up smx.
> Another way is to deploy xml files to smx4 for setting up services.
>
> You should have a look here:
>
> [1] http://servicemix.apache.org/deployment-models.html
>
> [2] http://servicemix.apache.org/SMX4NMR/3-deploying-jbi-components
> -without-
the-jbi-packaging.html

> Feel also free to search the forums and ask further questions.
>
> Lars
>

> Am Montag 22 September 2008 11:57:26 schrieb Denis Bessmertnyj:
> > Lars,
> >
> > It means that I need to deploy my services to
> ServiceMix
> or it is possible to provide ServiceMix with service
> description file?
>
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -
> > Denis
> > On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Lars
> Heinemann
>
> > <la
> [hidden email]>wrote:
> > You can deploy SU's/SA's at runtime. That is no
> problem at all.
> > I think in SMX4 you are even able to deploy xml
> configuration files.
> >
> > > Lars
> > >
> > > Am Montag 22 September 2008 09:57:53 schrieb
> Denis Bessmertnyj:
> >  > Hi,

> ServiceMix ESB at rДфuntime?
> > > For exmample put xml with service
> description to directory and
> > > ServiceMix will get it and install new
> service.

Re: Service registration at runtime with ServiceMix ESB.

Denis Bessmertnyj-3
Guys, thanks for unswer, but it is not clear for me because I'm newbie with
ServiceMix,
so the question is does I may add external service to ServiceMix, i.e. just
add service description to ServiceMix
not deploying the whole service?
For example add description which contains outbound as a external http url.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 6:15 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Another way is to use JMX to deploy/redeploy services.

> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> BuildProcess/AutoDeploy Project Leader
> http://buildprocess.sourceforge.net
>
>  On Mon 22/09/08 12:05, "Lars Heinemann" [hidden email] wrote:
> > Denis,
> >
> > there are several ways how to deploy services in smx.
> > One way is to deploy service assemblies into the hotdeploy/deploy
> > folder.
> Another is to use the static configuration file for setting up smx.
> > Another way is to deploy xml files to smx4 for setting up services.
> >
> > You should have a look here:
> >
> > [1] http://servicemix.apache.org/deployment-models.html
> >
> > [2] http://servicemix.apache.org/SMX4NMR/3-deploying-jbi-components
> > -without-
> the-jbi-packaging.html
> >
> > Feel also free to search the forums and ask further questions.
> >
> > Lars
> >

> > Am Montag 22 September 2008 11:57:26 schrieb Denis Bessmertnyj:
> > > Lars,
> > >
> > > It means that I need to deploy my services to
> > ServiceMix
> > or it is possible to provide ServiceMix with service
> > description file?
> >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > -
> > > Denis
> > > On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Lars
> > Heinemann
> >
> > > <la
> > [hidden email]>wrote:
> > > You can deploy SU's/SA's at runtime. That is no
> > problem at all.
> > > I think in SMX4 you are even able to deploy xml
> > configuration files.

> > Denis Bessmertnyj:
> > >  > Hi,

> > ServiceMix ESB at rДфuntime?
> > description to directory and
> > service.

Re: Service registration at runtime with ServiceMix ESB.

Yes, you can do that, but the way to go is to create a service unit
for the http component, packaged it in a service assembly, then deploy
it using one of the above mentioned method.
You'll find some tutorials to help you on the web site:
  http://servicemix.apache.org/tutorials.html

Open Source SOA
http://open.iona.com

Re: Service registration at runtime with ServiceMix ESB.

Denis Bessmertnyj-3
It seems to me that it is for what *JBI Binding Component *
stays for, isn't it?
http://servicemix.apache.org/hello-world-bc.html
2008/9/22 Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]>

> Yes, you can do that, but the way to go is to create a service unit
> for the http component, packaged it in a service assembly, then deploy
> it using one of the above mentioned method.
> You'll find some tutorials to help you on the web site:
>  http://servicemix.apache.org/tutorials.html
>
> 2008/9/22 Denis Bessmertnyj <[hidden email]>:
>  > Guys, thanks for unswer, but it is not clear for me because I'm newbie
> with
> > ServiceMix,
> > so the question is does I may add external service to ServiceMix, i.e.
> just
> > add service description to ServiceMix
> > not deploying the whole service?
> > For example add description which contains outbound as a external http
> url.
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 6:15 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Another way is to use JMX to deploy/redeploy services.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> --
> >> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> >> [hidden email]
> >> BuildProcess/AutoDeploy Project Leader
> >> http://buildprocess.sourceforge.net
> >>
> >>  On Mon 22/09/08 12:05, "Lars Heinemann" [hidden email]:

> >> Another is to use the static configuration file for setting up smx.

> >> the-jbi-packaging.html

> --
> Cheers,
> Guillaume Nodet
> ------------------------
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
> Open Source SOA
> http://open.iona.com

Re: Service registration at runtime with ServiceMix ESB.

Binding components can also be used to expose services available
internally in the JBI bus to the outside world.
So they can be used both ways: to let the outside world access the JBI
bus and let the JBI bus access the outside world.

Open Source SOA
http://open.iona.com