ServiceMix - Proposal

Gopinath PV
Hey Folks,

Is there any proposal to integrate a portal server
with servicemix? This way integrated components can
also render their data through rich portlets. I could
not find in the site whether it is in the road map or
not.

Thanks in advance
P V Gopinath

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com

Re: ServiceMix - Proposal

Guillaume Nodet-3
I'm not sure what you mean by "render their data".
If you mean display / allow modifications of their specific configurations,
statistics or whatever, this is a great idea.

A servicemix console has been started
(https://jira.logicblaze.com/jira/browse/SM-158),
using pluto for the portal. It should allow viewing / managing ServiceMix.
Feel free to add any comments or raise another jira issue for that.

Gopinath PV wrote:

>Hey Folks,
>
>Is there any proposal to integrate a portal server
>with servicemix? This way integrated components can
>also render their data through rich portlets. I could
>not find in the site whether it is in the road map or
>not.
>
>Thanks in advance
>P V Gopinath

>Yahoo! DSL ? Something to write home about.
>Just $16.99/mo. or less.
>dsl.yahoo.com

Re: ServiceMix - Proposal

Gopinath PV
Looks like portlets are used only to render component
configuration data. I was suggesting that we use
portlets to render their business data.

ServiceMix is used to provide an integration backbone
for integrating components together. If we can also
provided portlets to access those components' business
functions which the user can access and operate on.
This is the missing feather in ServiceMix's cap ;-)

Thanks
Gopinath P V

--- Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean by "render their data".
> If you mean display / allow modifications of their
> specific configurations,
> statistics or whatever, this is a great idea.
>
> A servicemix console has been started
> (https://jira.logicblaze.com/jira/browse/SM-158),
> using pluto for the portal. It should allow viewing
> / managing ServiceMix.
> Feel free to add any comments or raise another jira
> issue for that.
>
> Cheers,
> Guillaume Nodet
>
> Gopinath PV wrote:
>
> >Hey Folks,
> >
> >Is there any proposal to integrate a portal server
> >with servicemix? This way integrated components can
> >also render their data through rich portlets. I
> could
> >not find in the site whether it is in the road map
> or
> >not.
> >
> >Thanks in advance
> >P V Gopinath
> >

> >__________________________________________
> >Yahoo! DSL ? Something to write home about.
> >Just $16.99/mo. or less.
> >dsl.yahoo.com

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: ServiceMix - Proposal

jmettraux
On 12/8/05, Gopinath PV <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Looks like portlets are used only to render component
> configuration data. I was suggesting that we use
> portlets to render their business data.
>
> ServiceMix is used to provide an integration backbone
> for integrating components together. If we can also
> provided portlets to access those components' business
> functions which the user can access and operate on.
> This is the missing feather in ServiceMix's cap ;-)

Shouldn't portlet 'rendering their business data' be left to 'portlet
servers' ? It's not ServiceMix business.

John Mettraux   -///-   http://www.openwfe.org

Re: ServiceMix - Proposal

Gopinath PV
> Shouldn't portlet 'rendering their business data' be
> left to 'portlet
> servers' ? It's not ServiceMix business.

Yup. We would want to integrate a portal server with
SM. May be I did not explain it at the first hand.
Sorry about that. Somebody had suggested to integrate
a portal server with ServiceMix in a previous mail to
this list. I also think in the same lines.

But looks like there are plans to integrate with Pluto
but only to display the component configuration data.

Thanks
Gopinath P V

http://mail.yahoo.com

RE: ServiceMix - Proposal

Markandeya Sarraju
An appropriate business case would be use service mix to integrate an
enterprise portal to other enterprise applications. The very purpose of an
ESB is for these kind of integrations. Looks like the expectation is to come
up with components for most common portal to enterprise apps integrations
and roll out with service mix distribution?

Thanks
Mark

> Shouldn't portlet 'rendering their business data' be
> left to 'portlet
> servers' ? It's not ServiceMix business.

Yup. We would want to integrate a portal server with
SM. May be I did not explain it at the first hand.
Sorry about that. Somebody had suggested to integrate
a portal server with ServiceMix in a previous mail to
this list. I also think in the same lines.

But looks like there are plans to integrate with Pluto
but only to display the component configuration data.

Thanks
Gopinath P V

http://mail.yahoo.com
This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.  If you receive this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you may not disseminate this message and you are requested to erase all copies of this message and attachments.

RE: ServiceMix - Proposal

jm04469-2
Absolutely Mark, you are 100% on track. The key thing to the whole ESB
marketplace is that many of them are also not only exposing management /
configuration via portlets but are tightly integrating with them and even
bundling in the same download.

The valuable features that ServiceMix provides can become further known to
parties whom otherwise wouldn't know about it. I would recommend it be
bundled with another open source portal. Of course, my vote is with Liferay.