Tutorials Apache Wicket - Spring OSGI - ServiceMix

Tutorials Apache Wicket - Spring OSGI - ServiceMix

Charles Moulliard
Hi,

I would like to share and publish a tutorial about :
How to transform your SMK Kernel into a Web Application Server ?
How to setup Apache Wicket top of SMX kernel 4 and integrate it with Spring
OSGI services ?

This tutorial will be a subset of a existing one (currently under
construction) :
http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/tutorial-osgi-camel-part2.htmland
material that I have published on my blog :
http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Question : What is the best place to put this tutorial ?

A) In the user guide of http://cwiki.apache.org/SMX4KNL/  section 6 or a new
one ?
B) Under new Tutorial section to be added to Documentation :
http://cwiki.apache.org/SMX4KNL/tutorial ?

Regards,

Charles
SOA Architect
Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: Tutorials Apache Wicket - Spring OSGI - ServiceMix

Charles Moulliard
Nobody interested to answer ?

Charles
SOA Architect
Apache Camel Committer

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Charles Moulliard <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to share and publish a tutorial about :
> How to transform your SMK Kernel into a Web Application Server ?
> How to setup Apache Wicket top of SMX kernel 4 and integrate it with Spring
> OSGI services ?
>
> This tutorial will be a subset of a existing one (currently under
> construction) :
> http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/tutorial-osgi-camel-part2.html and material
> that I have published on my blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
>
> Question : What is the best place to put this tutorial ?
>
> A) In the user guide of http://cwiki.apache.org/SMX4KNL/  section 6 or a
> new one ?
> B) Under new Tutorial section to be added to Documentation :
> http://cwiki.apache.org/SMX4KNL/tutorial ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Charles
> SOA Architect

Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: Tutorials Apache Wicket - Spring OSGI - ServiceMix

Sorry, I would think a dedicated section would be better for anything
that is more about usage examples / recipes on smx kernel.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 17:12, Charles Moulliard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nobody interested to answer ?
>
> Charles
> SOA Architect
> Apache Camel Committer
>
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Charles Moulliard <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to share and publish a tutorial about :
>> How to transform your SMK Kernel into a Web Application Server ?
>> How to setup Apache Wicket top of SMX kernel 4 and integrate it with Spring
>> OSGI services ?
>>
>> This tutorial will be a subset of a existing one (currently under
>> construction) :
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/tutorial-osgi-camel-part2.html and material
>> that I have published on my blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
>>
>> Question : What is the best place to put this tutorial ?
>>
>> A) In the user guide of http://cwiki.apache.org/SMX4KNL/ ¬†section 6 or a
>> new one ?
>> B) Under new Tutorial section to be added to Documentation :
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/SMX4KNL/tutorial ?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Charles
>> SOA Architect

Open Source SOA

Re: Tutorials Apache Wicket - Spring OSGI - ServiceMix

Edell Nolan
How about we setup like a cookbook area for examples/tutorials for SMX4 ?

Edell.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry, I would think a dedicated section would be better for anything
> that is more about usage examples / recipes on smx kernel.
>
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 17:12, Charles Moulliard <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Nobody interested to answer ?
> >
> > Charles
> > SOA Architect
> > Apache Camel Committer
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Charles Moulliard <
> [hidden email]>wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I would like to share and publish a tutorial about :
> >> How to transform your SMK Kernel into a Web Application Server ?
> >> How to setup Apache Wicket top of SMX kernel 4 and integrate it with
> Spring
> >> OSGI services ?
> >>
> >> This tutorial will be a subset of a existing one (currently under
> >> construction) :
> >> http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/tutorial-osgi-camel-part2.html and
> material
> >> that I have published on my blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
> >>
> >> Question : What is the best place to put this tutorial ?
> >>
> >> A) In the user guide of http://cwiki.apache.org/SMX4KNL/  section 6 or
> >> new one ?
> >> B) Under new Tutorial section to be added to Documentation :
> >> http://cwiki.apache.org/SMX4KNL/tutorial ?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Charles
> >> SOA Architect
> >>

> --
> Cheers,
> Guillaume Nodet
> ------------------------
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
> ------------------------
> Open Source SOA
> http://fusesource.com

Re: Tutorials Apache Wicket - Spring OSGI - ServiceMix

Charles Moulliard
What do you mean by cookbook ? Can you elaborate this ?

Charles

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Edell Nolan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How about we setup like a cookbook area for examples/tutorials for SMX4 ?
>
> Edell.
>
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I would think a dedicated section would be better for anything
> > that is more about usage examples / recipes on smx kernel.
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 17:12, Charles Moulliard <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > > Nobody interested to answer ?
> > >
> > > Charles
> > > SOA Architect
> > > Apache Camel Committer

> > Spring

> > material

> or

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet
> > ------------------------
> > Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
> > ------------------------
> > Open Source SOA
> > http://fusesource.com

Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: Tutorials Apache Wicket - Spring OSGI - ServiceMix

Edell Nolan
Hi,

Well since the kernel (Karaf) is moving to be a sub project under felix - it
might be better to create a separate section for just the kernel examples
and tutorials.

What I meant by cookbook - is that we would have a separate section that
would collect all examples and tutorials that people had for the kernel.

For example - see the camel cookbook - http://camel.apache.org/cookbook.html

but we could separte it out into tutorials, examples and links to some docs
describing different features of the kernel. We would have one main page
that could then link to each.

Edell.

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Charles Moulliard <[hidden email]>wrote:

> What do you mean by cookbook ? Can you elaborate this ?
>
> Charles
>
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Edell Nolan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > How about we setup like a cookbook area for examples/tutorials for SMX4 ?
> >
> > Edell.
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry, I would think a dedicated section would be better for anything
> > > that is more about usage examples / recipes on smx kernel.

> > > Spring

> > > material

> > or

> > > --
> > > Cheers,
> > > Guillaume Nodet
> > > ------------------------
> > > Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
> > > ------------------------
> > > Open Source SOA
> > > http://fusesource.com

Re: Tutorials Apache Wicket - Spring OSGI - ServiceMix

Charles Moulliard
I prefer to have only page for tutorials/examples/... because in camel we
have separate pages cookbook and tutorial but it makes no sense.

Charles

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Edell Nolan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Well since the kernel (Karaf) is moving to be a sub project under felix -
> it
> might be better to create a separate section for just the kernel examples
> and tutorials.
>
> What I meant by cookbook - is that we would have a separate section that
> would collect all examples and tutorials that people had for the kernel.
>
> For example - see the camel cookbook -
> http://camel.apache.org/cookbook.html
>
> but we could separte it out into tutorials, examples and links to some docs
> describing different features of the kernel. We would have one main page
> that could then link to each.
>
> Edell.
>
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Charles Moulliard <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > What do you mean by cookbook ? Can you elaborate this ?
> >
> > Charles
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Edell Nolan <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > How about we setup like a cookbook area for examples/tutorials for SMX4
> ?
> > >
> > > Edell.

> [hidden email]

> with

> 6
> > > or

Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: Tutorials Apache Wicket - Spring OSGI - ServiceMix

Edell Nolan
But does it not make sense for someone that searches for kernel examples or
tutorials - that we could have a main page under Kernel that links them
together

For example:

Kernel Tutorials Page

Tutorials
=======
* How to transform your SMK Kernel into a Web Application Server ?
* How to setup Apache Wicket top of SMX kernel 4 and integrate it with
Spring
OSGI services ?
* .....
* ........

Examples:
* .....
* .....
* ....
* .....

Its only a page that links them all together - I think this would be very
useful for someone starting off with the Kernel.

Edell.

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Charles Moulliard <[hidden email]>wrote:

> I prefer to have only page for tutorials/examples/... because in camel we
> have separate pages cookbook and tutorial but it makes no sense.
>
> Charles
>
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Edell Nolan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Well since the kernel (Karaf) is moving to be a sub project under felix -
> > it
> > might be better to create a separate section for just the kernel examples
> > and tutorials.
> >
> > What I meant by cookbook - is that we would have a separate section that
> > would collect all examples and tutorials that people had for the kernel.
> >
> > For example - see the camel cookbook -
> > http://camel.apache.org/cookbook.html
> >
> > but we could separte it out into tutorials, examples and links to some
> docs
> > describing different features of the kernel. We would have one main page
> > that could then link to each.
> >
> > Edell.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Charles Moulliard <
> [hidden email]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > What do you mean by cookbook ? Can you elaborate this ?
> > >
> > > Charles

> SMX4
> > ?

> anything

> > [hidden email]

> > with

> under
> http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

> > 6

Re: Tutorials Apache Wicket - Spring OSGI - ServiceMix

Charles Moulliard
+1

What I would like to avoid is to have a cookbook page with links, tutorial
page with links and so on ...

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Edell Nolan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > > describing different features of the kernel. We would have one main
> page
> > > that could then link to each.
> > >
> > > Edell.
> > >
> > > On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Charles Moulliard <
> > [hidden email]

> > SMX4
> > > ?

> > anything

> > > [hidden email]

> ?
> it
> > > with

> > under
> > > > > > >>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/tutorial-osgi-camel-part2.htmland
> > http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

> > > 6

Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: Tutorials Apache Wicket - Spring OSGI - ServiceMix

I will create the page.

Question : How can I modify the left pane of the homepage of
http://cwiki.apache.org/SMX4KNL/index.html to add a link under Documentation
?

> [...]

> > > describing different features of the kernel. We would have one main
> page
> > > that could then link to each.
> > >
> > > Edell.
> > >
> > > On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Charles Moulliard <
> > [hidden email]

> > SMX4
> > > ?

> > anything

> > > [hidden email]

> ?
> it
> > > with

> > under
> > > > > > >>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/tutorial-osgi-camel-part2.htmland
> > http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

> > > 6

Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: Tutorials Apache Wicket - Spring OSGI - ServiceMix

You need to edit the following page:
  http://cwiki.apache.org/SMX4KNL/navigation.html

When you're done I will reexport the whole space which should update
the left pane on all pages.

Open Source SOA

Re: Tutorials Apache Wicket - Spring OSGI - ServiceMix

Charles Moulliard
Page tutorials created in navigation.html page.

and drafts tutorials added : http://cwiki.apache.org/SMX4KNL/tutorials.html

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Charles Moulliard <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Page tutorials created in navigation.html page.
>

> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> You need to edit the following page:
>>  http://cwiki.apache.org/SMX4KNL/navigation.html
>>
>> When you're done I will reexport the whole space which should update
>> the left pane on all pages.
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 17:04, Charles Moulliard <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > I will create the page.
>> >
>> > Question : How can I modify the left pane of the homepage of
>> > http://cwiki.apache.org/SMX4KNL/index.html to add a link under
>> Documentation
>> > ?

>> examples or

>> very

>> [hidden email]

>> camel we

>> felix

>> some

>> [hidden email]

>> for

>> [hidden email]

>> Server
>> integrate

>> (currently

>> http://cwiki.apache.org/SMX4KNL/section
>> :

>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Guillaume Nodet
>> ------------------------
>> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
>> ------------------------
>> Open Source SOA
>> http://fusesource.com

Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: Tutorials Apache Wicket - Spring OSGI - ServiceMix

The space has been reexported.  All pages should include the updated
navigation pane.

Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com