Quantcast

[VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.4

This release will be the LAST ServiceMix 3 release. ServiceMix 3 will
set as deprecated just after this release.

It contains mainly bug fixes and dependencies update, especially:
- ServiceMix Utils 1.4.0
- ServiceMix Specs 1.7.0
- ServiceMix Components 2011.01
- Spring 3.0.5.RELEASE
- Camel 2.6.0
- CXF 2.3.2
- etc

We solved 47 issues in this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+SM+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%223.4%22+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-053/

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

This vote will be open for 72 hours.

Thanks

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.4

Gert Vanthienen
Administrator
L.S.,

I have been trying to build and run the JBI bits of this release and
all of that worked fine.  Then I tried running the other examples in
the distribution and realized that, somewhere along the line, we seem
to have remove the old lightweight components from the build.
However, some of the statically configured examples still use those
old components and all of those examples are obviously broken now.

Since we are not going to maintain the 3.x line any more, I think the
fastest way to get this fixed would be by reverting the commit that
removes those components and just include them in the kit again.  If
we're considering to deprecate the entire branch, there's no real
point in pruning bits from it for the final release we're doing.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This release will be the LAST ServiceMix 3 release. ServiceMix 3 will set as
> deprecated just after this release.
>
> It contains mainly bug fixes and dependencies update, especially:
> - ServiceMix Utils 1.4.0
> - ServiceMix Specs 1.7.0
> - ServiceMix Components 2011.01
> - Spring 3.0.5.RELEASE
> - Camel 2.6.0
> - CXF 2.3.2
> - etc
>
> We solved 47 issues in this release:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+SM+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%223.4%22+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide
>
> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-053/
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>
> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>
> Thanks

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.4

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
Hi Gert,

you're right and I'm fully agree.

I rollback this release, and fix the lightweight component issue.

Thanks a bunch

On 04/03/2011 09:43 PM, Gert Vanthienen wrote:

> L.S.,
>

> I have been trying to build and run the JBI bits of this release and
> all of that worked fine.  Then I tried running the other examples in
> the distribution and realized that, somewhere along the line, we seem
> to have remove the old lightweight components from the build.
> However, some of the statically configured examples still use those
> old components and all of those examples are obviously broken now.
>
> Since we are not going to maintain the 3.x line any more, I think the
> fastest way to get this fixed would be by reverting the commit that
> removes those components and just include them in the kit again.  If
> we're considering to deprecate the entire branch, there's no real
> point in pruning bits from it for the final release we're doing.
>

> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------
> FuseSource
> Web: http://fusesource.com
>

> On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This release will be the LAST ServiceMix 3 release. ServiceMix 3 will set as
>> deprecated just after this release.
>>
>> It contains mainly bug fixes and dependencies update, especially:
>> - ServiceMix Utils 1.4.0
>> - ServiceMix Specs 1.7.0
>> - ServiceMix Components 2011.01
>> - Spring 3.0.5.RELEASE
>> - Camel 2.6.0
>> - CXF 2.3.2
>> - etc
>>
>> We solved 47 issues in this release:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+SM+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%223.4%22+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide
>>
>> Staging repository:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-053/
>>
>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>
>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>
>> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Regards
>> JB

[CANCEL] [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.4

I'm rollbacking the ServiceMix 3.4 release.

I also raised SM-2066 to build the issue on the lightweight component.
I'm gonna work on it.

> This release will be the LAST ServiceMix 3 release. ServiceMix 3 will
> set as deprecated just after this release.
>
> It contains mainly bug fixes and dependencies update, especially:
> - ServiceMix Utils 1.4.0
> - ServiceMix Specs 1.7.0
> - ServiceMix Components 2011.01
> - Spring 3.0.5.RELEASE
> - Camel 2.6.0
> - CXF 2.3.2
> - etc
>
> We solved 47 issues in this release:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+SM+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%223.4%22+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide
>

> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-053/
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>
> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>
> Thanks

Re: [CANCEL] [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.4

Karolis Petrauskas
Hi all,

    When do you plan to release ServiceMix 3.4.0?

Thanks in advance,
Karolis Petrauskas

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm rollbacking the ServiceMix 3.4 release.
>
> I also raised SM-2066 to build the issue on the lightweight component. I'm
> gonna work on it.

> On 03/30/2011 12:31 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This release will be the LAST ServiceMix 3 release. ServiceMix 3 will
>> set as deprecated just after this release.
>>
>> It contains mainly bug fixes and dependencies update, especially:
>> - ServiceMix Utils 1.4.0
>> - ServiceMix Specs 1.7.0
>> - ServiceMix Components 2011.01
>> - Spring 3.0.5.RELEASE
>> - Camel 2.6.0
>> - CXF 2.3.2
>> - etc
>>
>> We solved 47 issues in this release:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+SM+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%223.4%22+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide
>>

>> Staging repository:
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-053/
>>
>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>
>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>
>> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Regards
>> JB

Re: [CANCEL] [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.4

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
Hi Karolis,

tests are in progress. I should be able to submit a new release to vote
tonight or tomorrow.

On 04/26/2011 08:40 AM, Karolis Petrauskas wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>      When do you plan to release ServiceMix 3.4.0?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Karolis Petrauskas
>
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm rollbacking the ServiceMix 3.4 release.
>>
>> I also raised SM-2066 to build the issue on the lightweight component. I'm
>> gonna work on it.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 03/30/2011 12:31 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This release will be the LAST ServiceMix 3 release. ServiceMix 3 will
>>> set as deprecated just after this release.
>>>
>>> It contains mainly bug fixes and dependencies update, especially:
>>> - ServiceMix Utils 1.4.0
>>> - ServiceMix Specs 1.7.0
>>> - ServiceMix Components 2011.01
>>> - Spring 3.0.5.RELEASE
>>> - Camel 2.6.0
>>> - CXF 2.3.2
>>> - etc
>>>
>>> We solved 47 issues in this release:
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+SM+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%223.4%22+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide
>>>

>>> Staging repository:
>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-053/
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Veto the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Regards
>>> JB