[VOTE] Release ServiceMix Bundles 2012-05-19

[VOTE] Release ServiceMix Bundles 2012-05-19

I submit a new ServiceMix Bundles release to your vote.

This release includes:
- bundles-pom 9
- ezmorph 1.0.6_1
- hadoop-core 0.20.203.0_2
- hadoop-core 1.0.0_2
- json-lib 2.4_1
- lucene 3.6.0_1
- qpid 0.14_1
- saxon 9.3.0.11_2
- saxon 9.4.0.1_2
- solr-solrj 3.6.0_1

These bundles are especially needed by Camel and fix issues.

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-102/

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

This vote will be open for 72 hours.

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix Bundles 2012-05-19

Claus Ibsen-2
+1

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix Bundles 2012-05-19

Apache-mails
+1,

-- Ulhas Bhole
On 19 May 2012, at 14:20, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I submit a new ServiceMix Bundles release to your vote.
>
> This release includes:
> - bundles-pom 9
> - ezmorph 1.0.6_1
> - hadoop-core 0.20.203.0_2
> - hadoop-core 1.0.0_2
> - json-lib 2.4_1
> - lucene 3.6.0_1
> - qpid 0.14_1
> - saxon 9.3.0.11_2
> - saxon 9.4.0.1_2
> - solr-solrj 3.6.0_1
>
> These bundles are especially needed by Camel and fix issues.
>
> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-102/
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release
> [ ] -1 Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>
> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>
> Thanks,
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re:[VOTE] Release ServiceMix Bundles 2012-05-19

Andreas Pieber
+ 1 non binding.

Nevertheless we should definitely try to provide source releases. At least
for the parts done at smx

Kind regards, Andreas
On May 19, 2012 3:22 PM, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I submit a new ServiceMix Bundles release to your vote.
>
> This release includes:
> - bundles-pom 9
> - ezmorph 1.0.6_1
> - hadoop-core 0.20.203.0_2
> - hadoop-core 1.0.0_2
> - json-lib 2.4_1
> - lucene 3.6.0_1
> - qpid 0.14_1
> - saxon 9.3.0.11_2
> - saxon 9.4.0.1_2
> - solr-solrj 3.6.0_1
>
> These bundles are especially needed by Camel and fix issues.
>
> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/**content/repositories/**
> orgapacheservicemix-102/<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-102/>
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release
> [ ] -1 Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>
> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>
> Thanks,
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix Bundles 2012-05-19

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
Hi Andreas,

The bundle source distributions are also available, when the underlying
project provide it.

For instance:
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.commons-codec/1.3_5/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.commons-codec-1.3_5-sources.jar

So it's already done ;)

On 05/21/2012 06:14 PM, Andreas Pieber wrote:

> + 1 non binding.
>
> Nevertheless we should definitely try to provide source releases. At least
> for the parts done at smx
>
> Kind regards, Andreas
> On May 19, 2012 3:22 PM, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré"<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I submit a new ServiceMix Bundles release to your vote.
>>
>> This release includes:
>> - bundles-pom 9
>> - ezmorph 1.0.6_1
>> - hadoop-core 0.20.203.0_2
>> - hadoop-core 1.0.0_2
>> - json-lib 2.4_1
>> - lucene 3.6.0_1
>> - qpid 0.14_1
>> - saxon 9.3.0.11_2
>> - saxon 9.4.0.1_2
>> - solr-solrj 3.6.0_1
>>
>> These bundles are especially needed by Camel and fix issues.
>>
>> Staging repository:
>> https://repository.apache.org/**content/repositories/**
>> orgapacheservicemix-102/<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-102/>
>>
>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>
>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>> [ ] -1 Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>>
>> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Regards
>> JB
>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>> [hidden email]
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix Bundles 2012-05-19

Gert Vanthienen
Administrator
Jean-Baptiste,

I think Andreas is talking about releasing our source code, i.e. the POM
file we use to build the bundle.  This is the same problem as with the
specs release last week, where we already have the sources jar that
contains the actual spec source files, but we don't ship the sources for
our own POM files/bundle.info files/... yet, i.e. the archive that people
can download and build themselves to reproduce our artifacts.

We could add that to every single bundle as a separate -source-assembly.zip
file or something, but that seems like a lot of artifacts just to release a
wrapped bundle and those source artifacts would only contain one or two
files.  Perhaps we could somehow build a single source artifact for every
set of bundles we release, e.g. by creating a single unified release build
to release all bundles to be released in one go?

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> The bundle source distributions are also available, when the underlying
> project provide it.
>
> For instance:
> http://repo.maven.apache.org/**maven2/org/apache/servicemix/**
> bundles/org.apache.servicemix.**bundles.commons-codec/1.3_5/**
> org.apache.servicemix.bundles.**commons-codec-1.3_5-sources.**jar<http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.commons-codec/1.3_5/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.commons-codec-1.3_5-sources.jar>
>
> So it's already done ;)

> On 05/21/2012 06:14 PM, Andreas Pieber wrote:
>
>> + 1 non binding.
>>
>> Nevertheless we should definitely try to provide source releases. At least
>> for the parts done at smx
>>
>> Kind regards, Andreas
>> On May 19, 2012 3:22 PM, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré"<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>
>>  Hi all,
>>>
>>> I submit a new ServiceMix Bundles release to your vote.
>>>
>>> This release includes:
>>> - bundles-pom 9
>>> - ezmorph 1.0.6_1
>>> - hadoop-core 0.20.203.0_2
>>> - hadoop-core 1.0.0_2
>>> - json-lib 2.4_1
>>> - lucene 3.6.0_1
>>> - qpid 0.14_1
>>> - saxon 9.3.0.11_2
>>> - saxon 9.4.0.1_2
>>> - solr-solrj 3.6.0_1
>>>
>>> These bundles are especially needed by Camel and fix issues.
>>>
>>> Staging repository:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/****content/repositories/**<https://repository.apache.org/**content/repositories/**>
>>> orgapacheservicemix-102/<https**://repository.apache.org/**
>>> content/repositories/**orgapacheservicemix-102/<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-102/>
>>> >

>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards
>>> JB
>>> --
>>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>>> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>>>

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix Bundles 2012-05-19

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
It's already included.

If you take a look in the sources jar, our pom is included, etc.

It's merge between the original artifact sources and our sources.

On 05/21/2012 08:41 PM, Gert Vanthienen wrote:

> Jean-Baptiste,
>
> I think Andreas is talking about releasing our source code, i.e. the POM
> file we use to build the bundle.  This is the same problem as with the
> specs release last week, where we already have the sources jar that
> contains the actual spec source files, but we don't ship the sources for
> our own POM files/bundle.info files/... yet, i.e. the archive that people
> can download and build themselves to reproduce our artifacts.
>
> We could add that to every single bundle as a separate -source-assembly.zip
> file or something, but that seems like a lot of artifacts just to release a
> wrapped bundle and those source artifacts would only contain one or two
> files.  Perhaps we could somehow build a single source artifact for every
> set of bundles we release, e.g. by creating a single unified release build
> to release all bundles to be released in one go?
>
> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------
> FuseSource
> Web: http://fusesource.com
>

> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré<[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Hi Andreas,
>>
>> The bundle source distributions are also available, when the underlying
>> project provide it.
>>
>> For instance:
>> http://repo.maven.apache.org/**maven2/org/apache/servicemix/**
>> bundles/org.apache.servicemix.**bundles.commons-codec/1.3_5/**
>> org.apache.servicemix.bundles.**commons-codec-1.3_5-sources.**jar<http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.commons-codec/1.3_5/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.commons-codec-1.3_5-sources.jar>
>>
>> So it's already done ;)
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>

>> On 05/21/2012 06:14 PM, Andreas Pieber wrote:
>>
>>> + 1 non binding.
>>>
>>> Nevertheless we should definitely try to provide source releases. At least
>>> for the parts done at smx
>>>
>>> Kind regards, Andreas
>>> On May 19, 2012 3:22 PM, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré"<[hidden email]>   wrote:
>>>
>>>   Hi all,

>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>> [hidden email]
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix Bundles 2012-05-19

Gert Vanthienen
Administrator
L.S.,

Unfortunately, I don't really think that the included pom.xml is enough.
 In order to rebuild a bundle from source, a user would have to extract
that pom.xml file, copy that to a directory and also copy the
bundle.infofile into the project again to get something that can be
built.
 Personally, I'd like to avoid having two separate artifacts (a -source
file containing the original sources and another source assembly with the
original source tree contents) as well, but there's probably no way around
that.

Anyway, the real question is: how do we want to continue with this vote
thread?  Should we cancel it pending a solution for the sources artifacts
or can we continue with the vote and fix this for the next set of bundles
to be released?

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>wrote:

> It's already included.
>
> If you take a look in the sources jar, our pom is included, etc.
>
> It's merge between the original artifact sources and our sources.

> On 05/21/2012 08:41 PM, Gert Vanthienen wrote:
>
>> Jean-Baptiste,
>>
>> I think Andreas is talking about releasing our source code, i.e. the POM
>> file we use to build the bundle.  This is the same problem as with the
>> specs release last week, where we already have the sources jar that
>> contains the actual spec source files, but we don't ship the sources for
>> our own POM files/bundle.info files/... yet, i.e. the archive that people
>> can download and build themselves to reproduce our artifacts.
>>
>> We could add that to every single bundle as a separate
>> -source-assembly.zip
>> file or something, but that seems like a lot of artifacts just to release
>> wrapped bundle and those source artifacts would only contain one or two
>> files.  Perhaps we could somehow build a single source artifact for every
>> set of bundles we release, e.g. by creating a single unified release build
>> to release all bundles to be released in one go?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Gert Vanthienen
>> ------------------------
>> FuseSource
>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>> Blog: http://gertvanthienen.**blogspot.com/<http://gertvanthienen.blogspot.com/>
>>

>> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré<[hidden email]
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  Hi Andreas,
>>>
>>> The bundle source distributions are also available, when the underlying
>>> project provide it.
>>>
>>> For instance:
>>> http://repo.maven.apache.org/****maven2/org/apache/servicemix/****<http://repo.maven.apache.org/**maven2/org/apache/servicemix/**>
>>> bundles/org.apache.servicemix.****bundles.commons-codec/1.3_5/****
>>> org.apache.servicemix.bundles.****commons-codec-1.3_5-sources.****jar<
>>> http://repo.maven.**apache.org/maven2/org/apache/**
>>> servicemix/bundles/org.apache.**servicemix.bundles.commons-**
>>> codec/1.3_5/org.apache.**servicemix.bundles.commons-**
>>> codec-1.3_5-sources.jar<http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.commons-codec/1.3_5/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.commons-codec-1.3_5-sources.jar>
>>> >

>>> So it's already done ;)
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB
>>>

>>> On 05/21/2012 06:14 PM, Andreas Pieber wrote:
>>>
>>>  + 1 non binding.

>>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>>> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>>>

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix Bundles 2012-05-19

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
Got it.

As the "source" issue is there since the beginning, I would let this
vote finish and I will prepare the "source fix" for the next bundles
release.

On 05/21/2012 09:53 PM, Gert Vanthienen wrote:

> [...]
>>> wrapped bundle and those source artifacts would only contain one or two
>>> files.  Perhaps we could somehow build a single source artifact for every
>>> set of bundles we release, e.g. by creating a single unified release build
>>> to release all bundles to be released in one go?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Gert Vanthienen
>>> ------------------------
>>> FuseSource
>>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>>> Blog: http://gertvanthienen.**blogspot.com/<http://gertvanthienen.blogspot.com/>
>>>

>>> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré<[hidden email]
>>>
>>>   Hi Andreas,

>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>> [hidden email]
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix Bundles 2012-05-19

I second JB. For now it should be fine and camel requires the release. As
long the problem is fixed the next time this should be fine.

Kind regards, Andreas
On May 22, 2012 7:24 AM, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Got it.
>
> As the "source" issue is there since the beginning, I would let this vote
> finish and I will prepare the "source fix" for the next bundles release.

> On 05/21/2012 09:53 PM, Gert Vanthienen wrote:
>
>> L.S.,
>>
>> Unfortunately, I don't really think that the included pom.xml is enough.
>>  In order to rebuild a bundle from source, a user would have to extract
>> that pom.xml file, copy that to a directory and also copy the
>> bundle.infofile into the project again to get something that can be
>> built.
>>  Personally, I'd like to avoid having two separate artifacts (a -source
>> file containing the original sources and another source assembly with the
>> original source tree contents) as well, but there's probably no way around
>> that.
>>
>> Anyway, the real question is: how do we want to continue with this vote
>> thread?  Should we cancel it pending a solution for the sources artifacts
>> or can we continue with the vote and fix this for the next set of bundles
>> to be released?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Gert Vanthienen
>> ------------------------
>> FuseSource
>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>> Blog: http://gertvanthienen.**blogspot.com/<http://gertvanthienen.blogspot.com/>
>>

>> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré<[hidden email]
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  It's already included.
>>>
>>> If you take a look in the sources jar, our pom is included, etc.
>>>
>>> It's merge between the original artifact sources and our sources.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB
>>>

>>> On 05/21/2012 08:41 PM, Gert Vanthienen wrote:
>>>
>>>  Jean-Baptiste,

>>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>>> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>>>

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix Bundles 2012-05-19

Fwiw, some of the source jars (hadoop, json, saxon) are not overlays
(and do not contain the sources of the bundle being wrap).
I thought that was fixed in the previous releases.
Anyway, that's a minor issue, but annoying.

otherwise +1

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I submit a new ServiceMix Bundles release to your vote.
>
> This release includes:
> - bundles-pom 9
> - ezmorph 1.0.6_1
> - hadoop-core 0.20.203.0_2
> - hadoop-core 1.0.0_2
> - json-lib 2.4_1
> - lucene 3.6.0_1
> - qpid 0.14_1
> - saxon 9.3.0.11_2
> - saxon 9.4.0.1_2
> - solr-solrj 3.6.0_1
>
> These bundles are especially needed by Camel and fix issues.
>
> Staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-102/
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release
> [ ] -1 Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>
> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>
> Thanks,
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> [hidden email]
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

FuseSource, Integration everywhere

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix Bundles 2012-05-19

Freeman-2
We can fix it for next release.
So +1 here

Freeman
On 2012-5-22, at 下午3:19, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

> Fwiw, some of the source jars (hadoop, json, saxon) are not overlays
> (and do not contain the sources of the bundle being wrap).
> I thought that was fixed in the previous releases.
> Anyway, that's a minor issue, but annoying.
>
> otherwise +1
>
> On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I submit a new ServiceMix Bundles release to your vote.
>>
>> This release includes:
>> - bundles-pom 9
>> - ezmorph 1.0.6_1
>> - hadoop-core 0.20.203.0_2
>> - hadoop-core 1.0.0_2
>> - json-lib 2.4_1
>> - lucene 3.6.0_1
>> - qpid 0.14_1
>> - saxon 9.3.0.11_2
>> - saxon 9.4.0.1_2
>> - solr-solrj 3.6.0_1
>>
>> These bundles are especially needed by Camel and fix issues.
>>
>> Staging repository:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-102/
>>
>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>
>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>> [ ] -1 Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>>
>> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Regards
>> JB
>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>> [hidden email]
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>

> --
> ------------------------
> Guillaume Nodet
> ------------------------
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
> ------------------------
> FuseSource, Integration everywhere
> http://fusesource.com

Freeman Fang

FuseSource
Email:[hidden email]
Web: fusesource.com
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042
weibo: http://weibo.com/u/1473905042

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Freeman Fang <[hidden email]>wrote:

> We can fix it for next release.
> So +1 here
>
> Freeman
>
> On 2012-5-22, at 下午3:19, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>
>  Fwiw, some of the source jars (hadoop, json, saxon) are not overlays
>> (and do not contain the sources of the bundle being wrap).
>> I thought that was fixed in the previous releases.
>> Anyway, that's a minor issue, but annoying.
>>
>> otherwise +1
>>
>> On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I submit a new ServiceMix Bundles release to your vote.
>>>
>>> This release includes:
>>> - bundles-pom 9
>>> - ezmorph 1.0.6_1
>>> - hadoop-core 0.20.203.0_2
>>> - hadoop-core 1.0.0_2
>>> - json-lib 2.4_1
>>> - lucene 3.6.0_1
>>> - qpid 0.14_1
>>> - saxon 9.3.0.11_2
>>> - saxon 9.4.0.1_2
>>> - solr-solrj 3.6.0_1
>>>
>>> These bundles are especially needed by Camel and fix issues.
>>>
>>> Staging repository:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/**content/repositories/**
>>> orgapacheservicemix-102/<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-102/>
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards
>>> JB
>>> --
>>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>>> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>>>

>> --
>> ------------------------
>> Guillaume Nodet
>> ------------------------
>> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
>> ------------------------
>> FuseSource, Integration everywhere
>> http://fusesource.com
>>

> ------------------------------**---------------
> Freeman Fang
>
> FuseSource
> Email:[hidden email]
> Web: fusesource.com
> Twitter: freemanfang
> Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.**com <http://freemanfang.blogspot.com>
> http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/**1473905042<http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042>
> weibo: http://weibo.com/u/1473905042

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix Bundles 2012-05-19

Claus Ibsen-2
Hi Jean

If the vote has passed, do you mind closing the vote, and the bundles
released and synced to the maven servers?

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release ServiceMix Bundles 2012-05-19

Gert Vanthienen
Administrator
L.S.,

The vote has passed with the following result :

 +1 (binding): Freeman Fang, Guillaume Nodet and Gert Vanthienen
 +1 (non-binding): Andreas Pieber, Claus Ibsen and Ulhas Bhole

I'll promote the artifacts into the release repositories asap!

Thanks to Jean-Baptiste for cutting this release and to everyone else for
voting,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Claus Ibsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jean
>
> If the vote has passed, do you mind closing the vote, and the bundles
> released and synced to the maven servers?
>

> On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I submit a new ServiceMix Bundles release to your vote.
> >
> > This release includes:
> > - bundles-pom 9
> > - ezmorph 1.0.6_1
> > - hadoop-core 0.20.203.0_2
> > - hadoop-core 1.0.0_2
> > - json-lib 2.4_1
> > - lucene 3.6.0_1
> > - qpid 0.14_1
> > - saxon 9.3.0.11_2
> > - saxon 9.4.0.1_2
> > - solr-solrj 3.6.0_1
> >
> > These bundles are especially needed by Camel and fix issues.
> >
> > Staging repository:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-102/
> >
> > Please vote to approve this release:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Approve the release
> > [ ] -1 Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)
> >
> > This vote will be open for 72 hours.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Regards
> > JB
> > --
> > Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> > [hidden email]
> > http://blog.nanthrax.net
> > Talend - http://www.talend.com
>

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> CamelOne 2012 Conference, May 15-16, 2012: http://camelone.com
> FuseSource
> Email: [hidden email]
> Web: http://fusesource.com
> Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
> Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix Bundles 2012-05-19

Hi Guillaume,

I'm going to review what's the issue for the source jars (maybe it's
just because the "original" source jar is not defined in the
dependencies set).

On 05/22/2012 09:19 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

> Fwiw, some of the source jars (hadoop, json, saxon) are not overlays
> (and do not contain the sources of the bundle being wrap).
> I thought that was fixed in the previous releases.
> Anyway, that's a minor issue, but annoying.
>
> otherwise +1
>
> On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I submit a new ServiceMix Bundles release to your vote.
>>
>> This release includes:
>> - bundles-pom 9
>> - ezmorph 1.0.6_1
>> - hadoop-core 0.20.203.0_2
>> - hadoop-core 1.0.0_2
>> - json-lib 2.4_1
>> - lucene 3.6.0_1
>> - qpid 0.14_1
>> - saxon 9.3.0.11_2
>> - saxon 9.4.0.1_2
>> - solr-solrj 3.6.0_1
>>
>> These bundles are especially needed by Camel and fix issues.
>>
>> Staging repository:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-102/
>>
>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>
>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>> [ ] -1 Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>>
>> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Regards
>> JB
>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>> [hidden email]
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix Bundles 2012-05-19

I confirm that the problem is that the dependencies set doesn't include
the original source jar because it's not available on central:

         <!-- sources -->
         <!-- Not available on Central
         <dependency>
             <groupId>${pkgGroupId}</groupId>
             <artifactId>${pkgArtifactId}</artifactId>
             <version>${pkgVersion}</version>
             <classifier>sources</classifier>
             <optional>true</optional>
         </dependency>
         -->

I check if I can fix it for the next bundles release.