WS-Addressing and WS-Security in new HTTP endpoints

WS-Addressing and WS-Security in new HTTP endpoints

Pavel Drášil
Hi, is it possible (in Smx 3.2.2) to use WS-Addressing or WS-Security with the so-called "new HTTP endpoints"? When I try to add the <http:policies> element with either <soap:ws-addressing> or <soap:ws-security> as a child of <http:soap-consumer> element, an attempt to deploy the SA ends up with the following error (this one is for ws-security, but the situation is exactly the same for ws-addressing):

org.apache.xbean.kernel.ServiceRegistrationException: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.apache.servicemix.http.endpoints.HttpSoapConsumerEndpoint' defined in file [\xbean.xml]: Error setting property values; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.PropertyBatchUpdateException; nested PropertyAccessExceptions (1) are: PropertyAccessException 1: org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [java.util.ArrayList] to required type [org.apache.servicemix.soap.api.Policy[]] for property 'policies'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert value of type [org.apache.servicemix.soap.handlers.security.WSSecurityHandler] to required type [org.apache.servicemix.soap.api.Policy] for property 'policies[0]': no matching editors or conversion strategy found

I looked into the source codes and got the feeling that it is not implemented yet, but I want to be sure that I am not just doing something badly.

Re: WS-Addressing and WS-Security in new HTTP endpoints

falvarez-2
Drasil,

Did you ever get a response to this post? I'm experiencing a similar issue.

Drasil wrote
Hi,

is it possible (in Smx 3.2.2) to use WS-Addressing or WS-Security with the so-called "new HTTP endpoints"? When I try to add the <http:policies> element with either <soap:ws-addressing> or <soap:ws-security> as a child of <http:soap-consumer> element, an attempt to deploy the SA ends up with the following error (this one is for ws-security, but the situation is exactly the same for ws-addressing):

Re: WS-Addressing and WS-Security in new HTTP endpoints

Pavel Drášil
As you can see - no response so far. You are the first :-)

FAlvarez wrote
Drasil,
Did you ever get a response to this post? I'm experiencing a similar issue.

Re: WS-Addressing and WS-Security in new HTTP endpoints

rlg673
You might consider using the servicemix-cxf-bc component as opposed to the servicemix-http component if you have WS-* requirements.

/Ron

Drasil wrote

Drasil,
Did you ever get a response to this post? I'm experiencing a similar issue.

Re: WS-Addressing and WS-Security in new HTTP endpoints

currently WS-Addressing is not support by new HTTP endpoints.

It's a new feature in progress managed by Guillaume.

You can see the progress in the SM-1708.