XMPP with Openfire - Error trying to connect to remote server: servicemix-user

XMPP with Openfire - Error trying to connect to remote server: servicemix-user

jwy923
I am running Openfire (Jabber Server) locally.
I created  servicemix-user/servicemix-pwd account in Openfire.
And using Pidgin I try to connect to Openfire.

According to Openfire admin web page, the user is authenticated.
However, in my pidgin, it is "Not Authorized" (Note that it is not Authenticated)

Here is the Openfire log. I don't understand why....
Please help me...

John

2008.12.18 13:33:56 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:258)
] Error trying to connect to remote server: servicemix-user(DNS lookup: servicemix-user:5269)
java.net.UnknownHostException: servicemix-user
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:253)
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:144)
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPacket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:239)
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:216)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Re: XMPP with Openfire - Error trying to connect to remote server: servicemix-user

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
It looks like you use your user as server hostname :)
Check you configuration or send your xbean.xml

Regards

On Thursday 18 December 2008 - 11:22, jwy923 wrote:

> I am running Openfire (Jabber Server) locally.
> I created  servicemix-user/servicemix-pwd account in Openfire.
> And using Pidgin I try to connect to Openfire.
>
> According to Openfire admin web page, the user is authenticated.
> However, in my pidgin, it is "Not Authorized" (Note that it is not
> Authenticated)
>
> Here is the Openfire log. I don't understand why....
> Please help me...
>
> John
>

> 2008.12.18 13:33:56
> [org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:258)
> ] Error trying to connect to remote server: servicemix-user(DNS lookup:
> servicemix-user:5269)
> java.net.UnknownHostException: servicemix-user
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
> at
> org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:253)
> at
> org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:144)
> at
> org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPacket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:239)
> at
> org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:216)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

Jean-Baptiste Onofré (Nanthrax)
PGP : 17D4F086

Re: XMPP with Openfire - Error trying to connect to remote server: servicemix-user

jwy923
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans xmlns:xmpp="http://servicemix.apache.org/xmpp/1.0"
       xmlns:jabberbot="http://jabberbot">
    <xmpp:component user="servicemix-user@tangsuyuk" password="servicemix-pwd">
    <xmpp:endpoints>
        <xmpp:privateChatEndpoint
        service="jabberbot:LSJabberService"
        endpoint="endpoint"
        uri="xmpp://tangsuyuk/test-user@tangsuyuk" />
    </xmpp:endpoints>
    </xmpp:component>
</beans>

Actually, the error happens when I connect from Pidgen to Openfire.

Anyway, am I using right config?

jwy923 wrote
[...]

So your Jabber server is installed on the tangsuyuk server.

Do you use this hostname in your Pidgin configuration ?

PGP : 17D4F086

Re: XMPP with Openfire - Error trying to connect to remote server: servicemix-user

jwy923
Yea, Openfire is installed in Tangsuyuk (server name). Correct!

I am using Tangsuyuk for "Domain" in the Pidgin Setting for "servicemix-user" account.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote

jb@nanthrax.net
PGP : 17D4F086

Re: XMPP with Openfire - Error trying to connect to remote server: servicemix-user

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
I don't know the pidgin configuration (I use bitlbee bridge).
Maybe take a look on the pidgin documentation to check if there is no mistake around user and hostname.

Sorry to can't help you more.