help for a usecse scanario

brijeshnk
hello ,

I have following usecase scenario ;

I need to expose services written in java to external application through http. But incoming data should be in predefined format (compliance to a schema which we are going to publish) and data should be validated against this scheama.
After above mentioned validation and before calling actual service ,I need to fetch data mapping from a staging table, which will substitute incoming data with mapped data from staging table which will be  maintaned in our database. After fetching mapping data from this staging table, we need to extract the data from incoming message and  call the service written java , extracted data from incoming message would be parameter for this method.

the above scanario need to implement as a syncronised service call. since we need to return back the execution status success or failure in a specific xml format.

can anybody suggest suitable BCs and SEs for the above implementaion.

Thanks in advance

Brijesh N K

Re: help for a usecse scanario

Freeman-2
Hi,

I believe the flow like

external client <====> servicemix-cxf-bc consumer
<=====>servicemix-saxon or servicemix-camel<=======> servicemix-cxf-se
The servicemix-cxf-bc[1] consumer can expose webservice over http and do
the validation for the incoming message against the schema
The servicemix-saxon[4] or servciemix-camel[3] can do the xml substitute
The servicemix-cxf-se[2] can do the unmarshall of the xml message (from
xml to the parameter object) and do the real invocation.

[1]http://servicemix.apache.org/servicemix-cxf-bc.html
[2]http://servicemix.apache.org/servicemix-cxf-se.html
[3]http://servicemix.apache.org/servicemix-camel.html
[4]http://servicemix.apache.org/servicemix-saxon.html

Freeman

brijesh wrote:

> hello ,
>
> I have following usecase scenario ;
>
> I need to expose services written in java to external application through
> http. But incoming data should be in predefined format (compliance to a
> schema which we are going to publish) and data should be validated against
> this scheama.
> After above mentioned validation and before calling actual service ,I need
> to fetch data mapping from a staging table, which will substitute incoming
> data with mapped data from staging table which will be  maintaned in our
> database. After fetching mapping data from this staging table, we need to
> extract the data from incoming message and  call the service written java ,
> extracted data from incoming message would be parameter for this method.
>
> the above scanario need to implement as a syncronised service call. since we
> need to return back the execution status success or failure in a specific
> xml format.
>
> can anybody suggest suitable BCs and SEs for the above implementaion.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Brijesh N K

Re: help for a usecse scanario

brijeshnk
Freeman ,

thanks for the response , but i my concern is servicemix-cxf-bc can validate the schema defined wsdl?
will it throw soap fault if the xml message is not compliance with schema defined in wsdl??

also can this be implemented as synchronised(in-out mep) method call,

Brijesh

Freeman Fang wrote

brijesh wrote:
> Freeman ,
>
> thanks for the response , but i my concern is servicemix-cxf-bc can validate
> the schema defined wsdl?

Yes,
You can configure it for your cxf bc consumer since the consumer play
the role as a server for external client to validate the incoming soap
message against  the schema defined in the wsdl
To do it, you need write a spring configuration, let's say
schema-validation.xml for cxf bus, something like
<jaxws:endpoint name="{your_endpoint_namespace}your_endpoint"
       wsdlLocation="wsdl/hello_world.wsdl"
       createdFromAPI="true">
       <jaxws:properties>
           <entry key="schema-validation-enabled" value="true" />
       </jaxws:properties>
</jaxws:endpoint>
Then add busCfg="schema-validation.xml" for your cxf bc consumer

> will it throw soap fault if the xml message is not compliance with schema
> defined in wsdl??

Yes
> also can this be implemented as synchronised(in-out mep) method call,

Yes

> Brijesh
>

> Freeman Fang wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I believe the flow like
>>
>> external client <====> servicemix-cxf-bc consumer
>> <=====>servicemix-saxon or servicemix-camel<=======> servicemix-cxf-se
>> The servicemix-cxf-bc[1] consumer can expose webservice over http and do
>> the validation for the incoming message against the schema
>> The servicemix-saxon[4] or servciemix-camel[3] can do the xml substitute
>> The servicemix-cxf-se[2] can do the unmarshall of the xml message (from
>> xml to the parameter object) and do the real invocation.
>>
>> [1]http://servicemix.apache.org/servicemix-cxf-bc.html
>> [2]http://servicemix.apache.org/servicemix-cxf-se.html
>> [3]http://servicemix.apache.org/servicemix-camel.html
>> [4]http://servicemix.apache.org/servicemix-saxon.html
>>
>> Freeman
>>
>> brijesh wrote:
>>
>>> hello ,
>>>
>>> I have following usecase scenario ;
>>>
>>> I need to expose services written in java to external application through
>>> http. But incoming data should be in predefined format (compliance to a
>>> schema which we are going to publish) and data should be validated
>>> against
>>> this scheama.
>>> After above mentioned validation and before calling actual service ,I
>>> need
>>> to fetch data mapping from a staging table, which will substitute
>>> incoming
>>> data with mapped data from staging table which will be  maintaned in our
>>> database. After fetching mapping data from this staging table, we need to
>>> extract the data from incoming message and  call the service written java
>>> ,
>>> extracted data from incoming message would be parameter for this method.
>>>
>>> the above scanario need to implement as a syncronised service call. since
>>> we
>>> need to return back the execution status success or failure in a specific
>>> xml format.
>>>
>>> can anybody suggest suitable BCs and SEs for the above implementaion.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Brijesh N K

Re: help for a usecse scanario

brijeshnk
Freeman,

thanks alot for the help,
Is there any SMX SEs like servicemix-saxon, which tranform the xml document by taking data from database, I believe saxon can transform xml element data but need to hardcode it in xslt.
the usecase I mentioned above need to substitute mapping id with xml element data from database table. so xslt need to pull the data from database based on incoming id. hence simple transformation is not sufficient in above mentioned the scenario.

wondering any other SMX SEs can do this or is it possible to do the same with drools?

Brijesh

Freeman Fang wrote
brijesh wrote:
> Freeman ,
>
> thanks for the response , but i my concern is servicemix-cxf-bc can validate
> the schema defined wsdl?

Yes,
You can configure it for your cxf bc consumer since the consumer play
the role as a server for external client to validate the incoming soap
message against  the schema defined in the wsdl
To do it, you need write a spring configuration, let's say
schema-validation.xml for cxf bus, something like
<jaxws:endpoint name="{your_endpoint_namespace}your_endpoint"
       wsdlLocation="wsdl/hello_world.wsdl"
       createdFromAPI="true">
       <jaxws:properties>
           <entry key="schema-validation-enabled" value="true" />
       </jaxws:properties>
</jaxws:endpoint>
Then add busCfg="schema-validation.xml" for your cxf bc consumer

> will it throw soap fault if the xml message is not compliance with schema
> defined in wsdl??

Yes
> also can this be implemented as synchronised(in-out mep) method call,

Yes
> Brijesh
>

> Freeman Fang wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I believe the flow like
>>
>> external client <====> servicemix-cxf-bc consumer
>> <=====>servicemix-saxon or servicemix-camel<=======> servicemix-cxf-se
>> The servicemix-cxf-bc[1] consumer can expose webservice over http and do
>> the validation for the incoming message against the schema
>> The servicemix-saxon[4] or servciemix-camel[3] can do the xml substitute
>> The servicemix-cxf-se[2] can do the unmarshall of the xml message (from
>> xml to the parameter object) and do the real invocation.
>>
>> [1]http://servicemix.apache.org/servicemix-cxf-bc.html
>> [2]http://servicemix.apache.org/servicemix-cxf-se.html
>> [3]http://servicemix.apache.org/servicemix-camel.html
>> [4]http://servicemix.apache.org/servicemix-saxon.html
>>
>> Freeman
>>
>> brijesh wrote:
>>
>>> hello ,
>>>
>>> I have following usecase scenario ;
>>>
>>> I need to expose services written in java to external application through
>>> http. But incoming data should be in predefined format (compliance to a
>>> schema which we are going to publish) and data should be validated
>>> against
>>> this scheama.
>>> After above mentioned validation and before calling actual service ,I
>>> need
>>> to fetch data mapping from a staging table, which will substitute
>>> incoming
>>> data with mapped data from staging table which will be  maintaned in our
>>> database. After fetching mapping data from this staging table, we need to
>>> extract the data from incoming message and  call the service written java
>>> ,
>>> extracted data from incoming message would be parameter for this method.
>>>
>>> the above scanario need to implement as a syncronised service call. since
>>> we
>>> need to return back the execution status success or failure in a specific
>>> xml format.
>>>
>>> can anybody suggest suitable BCs and SEs for the above implementaion.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Brijesh N K

Re: help for a usecse scanario

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
Hi Brijesh,

At a last way, you can use servicemix-bean to implement to logic by yourself.

Another way is to use framework like Spargic (there is a thread on the mailing list dealing with that).

On Thursday 18 December 2008 - 20:33, brijesh wrote:

> Freeman,
>
> thanks alot for the help,
> Is there any SMX SEs like servicemix-saxon, which tranform the xml document
> by taking data from database, I believe saxon can transform xml element data
> but need to hardcode it in xslt.
> the usecase I mentioned above need to substitute mapping id with xml element
> data from database table. so xslt need to pull the data from database based
> on incoming id. hence simple transformation is not sufficient in above
> mentioned the scenario.
>
> wondering any other SMX SEs can do this or is it possible to do the same
> with drools?
>
> Brijesh
>

> Freeman Fang wrote:
> >
> > brijesh wrote:
> >> Freeman ,
> >>
> >> thanks for the response , but i my concern is servicemix-cxf-bc can
> >> validate
> >> the schema defined wsdl?
> >>
> > Yes,
> > You can configure it for your cxf bc consumer since the consumer play
> > the role as a server for external client to validate the incoming soap
> > message against  the schema defined in the wsdl
> > To do it, you need write a spring configuration, let's say
> > schema-validation.xml for cxf bus, something like
> > <jaxws:endpoint name="{your_endpoint_namespace}your_endpoint"
> >        wsdlLocation="wsdl/hello_world.wsdl"
> >        createdFromAPI="true">
> >        <jaxws:properties>
> >            <entry key="schema-validation-enabled" value="true" />
> >        </jaxws:properties>
> > </jaxws:endpoint>
> > Then add busCfg="schema-validation.xml" for your cxf bc consumer
> >
> >> will it throw soap fault if the xml message is not compliance with schema
> >> defined in wsdl??
> >>
> > Yes
> >> also can this be implemented as synchronised(in-out mep) method call,
> >>
> > Yes
> >> Brijesh

Jean-Baptiste Onofré (Nanthrax)
PGP : 17D4F086

Re: help for a usecse scanario

Freeman-2
I believe you can consider servicemix-camel, which leverage apache camel
project.
servicemix-camel is more flexiable to honor complex features.

Take a look at [1] to get more ideas.
Besides that, you also can implement your own business logic in
servicemix-bean, where you can control everything but may need more code
by yourself.
I'm not sure you can do it with servicemix-drools, but I maybe wrong.
[1]http://activemq.apache.org/camel/
Freeman

brijesh wrote:

> Freeman,
>
> thanks alot for the help,
> Is there any SMX SEs like servicemix-saxon, which tranform the xml document
> by taking data from database, I believe saxon can transform xml element data
> but need to hardcode it in xslt.
> the usecase I mentioned above need to substitute mapping id with xml element
> data from database table. so xslt need to pull the data from database based
> on incoming id. hence simple transformation is not sufficient in above
> mentioned the scenario.
>
> wondering any other SMX SEs can do this or is it possible to do the same
> with drools?
>
> Brijesh
>

> Freeman Fang wrote:
>
>> brijesh wrote:
>>
>>> Freeman ,
>>>
>>> thanks for the response , but i my concern is servicemix-cxf-bc can
>>> validate
>>> the schema defined wsdl?
>>>

>> Yes,
>> You can configure it for your cxf bc consumer since the consumer play
>> the role as a server for external client to validate the incoming soap
>> message against  the schema defined in the wsdl
>> To do it, you need write a spring configuration, let's say
>> schema-validation.xml for cxf bus, something like
>> <jaxws:endpoint name="{your_endpoint_namespace}your_endpoint"
>>        wsdlLocation="wsdl/hello_world.wsdl"
>>        createdFromAPI="true">
>>        <jaxws:properties>
>>            <entry key="schema-validation-enabled" value="true" />
>>        </jaxws:properties>
>> </jaxws:endpoint>
>> Then add busCfg="schema-validation.xml" for your cxf bc consumer
>>

>>> will it throw soap fault if the xml message is not compliance with schema
>>> defined in wsdl??
>>>

>> Yes
>>
>>> also can this be implemented as synchronised(in-out mep) method call,
>>>

>> Yes
>>
>>> Brijesh

Re: help for a usecse scanario

brijeshnk
thanks JB for the reply,
Infact I even thought of that. but need to marshall & unmarshall xml document entire logic need to implement in servicemix-bean ,
something like xsl there is xsql from oracle, which does the samething

need to find any jbi component is available for it or not?

Brijesh

Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote

jb@nanthrax.net
PGP : 17D4F086