Quantcast

[servicemix-dev] Confusing in/out terminology - dumb question?

[servicemix-dev] Confusing in/out terminology - dumb question?

Peter Smith-2
In the JBI spec Figure 8 "in", "out" is wrt the service provider

So if A calls B then message is "in" A->B and "out" B->A

Similarly,
- the "in" message is the same as the ExchangePacket.inMessage
- the "out" message is the same as the ExchangePacket.outMessage

~~

Yet the ServiceMix ME & packet 'outbound' flag appears to have exact
opposite direction

It seems like,
- A outbound=true to B  (= request)
- B outbound=false to A   (= response)

~~

The problem may simply be that I've been staring at this for too long
and I'm seeing confusion where none exists.

Maybe my brain would be coping better if the boolean member was called
'request' or 'response' or something instead...

Or is there a simple reason for the apparent conflicting terminlogy of
the "out" message v an 'outBound' message?

Just wondering.
Peter.

Re: [servicemix-dev] Confusing in/out terminology - dumb question?

Robert Davies-2
Hi Peter,

The outbound flag on the packet is confusing now you come to mention
it :). We'll fix!

cheers,

Rob
On 6 Nov 2005, at 23:01, Peter Smith wrote:

> In the JBI spec Figure 8 "in", "out" is wrt the service provider
>
> So if A calls B then message is "in" A->B and "out" B->A
>
> Similarly,
> - the "in" message is the same as the ExchangePacket.inMessage
> - the "out" message is the same as the ExchangePacket.outMessage
>
> ~~
>
> Yet the ServiceMix ME & packet 'outbound' flag appears to have
> exact opposite direction
>
> It seems like,
> - A outbound=true to B  (= request)
> - B outbound=false to A   (= response)
>
> ~~
>
> The problem may simply be that I've been staring at this for too
> long and I'm seeing confusion where none exists.
>
> Maybe my brain would be coping better if the boolean member was
> called 'request' or 'response' or something instead...
>
> Or is there a simple reason for the apparent conflicting terminlogy
> of the "out" message v an 'outBound' message?
>
> Just wondering.
> Peter.

[servicemix-dev] Roadmap

Guillaume Nodet-3
Hi all !

I have raised several issues on jira these past days.
It would be cool, if every one could review them and maybe vote for them
or add new ones so than we can define a roadmap for the 2.1 and later
versions.