[servicemix-user] CSV File Reader

JPountain

I need to process CSV files ! I was planning to poll for a file (using the file poller) and then send it for processing to another component. This would read the file, convert the rows into XML and fire them off individually to be dealt with by other components.

Presumably I would need to create a new FileMarshaller to deal with csv files. Is this right and has anyone done it before ?

Thanks,
John

HBF Health Funds Inc. a registered organisation under the National Health Act
HBF Insurance Pty Ltd ACN  009 268 277
This email is a confidential communication intended only for the named Addressee(s).
If you are not that person any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this email
or the information in it is prohibited. Please notify us immediately by
telephone, (+61) 08 9265 6111 or return email and delete this email.
The views in this email may be personal to the author and not those of HBF.

Re: [servicemix-user] CSV File Reader

Guillaume Nodet-3
Yes, you're on the right way.  Using a FileMashaller is the easiest way
to go.
AFAIK, this has not been done yet, but we always accept contributions ;)

[hidden email] wrote:

> I need to process CSV files ! I was planning to poll for a file (using
> the file poller) and then send it for processing to another component.
> This would read the file, convert the rows into XML and fire them off
> individually to be dealt with by other components.
>
> Presumably I would need to create a new FileMarshaller to deal with
> csv files. Is this right and has anyone done it before ?
>
> Thanks,
> John

> HBF Health Funds Inc. a registered organisation under the National Health Act
> HBF Insurance Pty Ltd ACN  009 268 277
> This email is a confidential communication intended only for the named Addressee(s).
> If you are not that person any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this email
> or the information in it is prohibited. Please notify us immediately by
> telephone, (+61) 08 9265 6111 or return email and delete this email.
> The views in this email may be personal to the author and not those of HBF.

Re: [servicemix-user] CSV File Reader

JPountain

On the right track - thank goodness for that :)

If I come up with anything usable then I'll certainly post it back to the project.

ServiceMix does look great so hopefully I will be able to get all my proof of concept steps working and I can actually go on to implement something.

Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]>

14/11/2005 04:18 PM

Please respond to

cc