[servicemix-user] Examples

JPountain

Hi,

I am hoping to use either Mule or ServiceMix in an upcoming project and just need to clarify a few things. The project itself requires the implementation of a system to perform several tasks inlcuding polling for files in various directories, receiving webservices and JMS messages. Upon receipt of the various data the system needs to validate, update databases, produce output files and send other messages.....

This to me, sounds like an ideal opportunity to use ServiceMix or Mule but I would like to implement something that is reliable and easy for developers to build code for and configure. The ServiceMix documentation is a bit light and I was trying to determine the best/recommended way to code something

Eg

I want to listen for a file on a certain directory, read in the file, validate the contents, write some data to a database and send a JMS message to let another system know a file was received ...

In a scenario like this would I extend the FilePoller component or would I use it as is and then once the file was read, push the details on to another component ie my own "fileprocessor" component for validating, database updating etc

Is the loan broker example the best one to use ? How do I use Spring to configure the classes ?

I can't seem to find any good documentation or examples which describe this although I'm sure there is some and my lack of understanding is the real cause of the problem.

Any examples. tips or suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
John

HBF Health Funds Inc. a registered organisation under the National Health Act
HBF Insurance Pty Ltd ACN  009 268 277
This email is a confidential communication intended only for the named Addressee(s).
If you are not that person any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this email
or the information in it is prohibited. Please notify us immediately by
telephone, (+61) 08 9265 6111 or return email and delete this email.
The views in this email may be personal to the author and not those of HBF.

Re: [servicemix-user] Examples

aschilling
That's what I'm missing too!
The documentation could be a little more precise on how to implement
different solutions

I could use a simple but typical real world business case for an ESB and a
kind of (best practise) tutorial that describes step by step the best way
to implement it using ServiceMix. For example a Web-Application that shows
Information that it received from two different applications via
ServiceMix.
That would be really helpful!
Though I know that the ServiceMix team has a lot of things to do and is
already providing a very good support here on the list !!

Regards,
Andreas

RE: [servicemix-user] Examples

Curley, John

Me too.  We are trying to implement a

Lingo->ActiveMQ->Jencks->ServiceMix->Lingo Spring-injected architecture and
any use case code would be very helpful.  Currently, we are having trouble
with the ActiveMQ receive queue backing up when using synchronous JMS.

And thanks to the ServiceMix, etc. guys for all their hard work.

The documentation could be a little more precise on how to implement
different solutions

I could use a simple but typical real world business case for an ESB and a
kind of (best practise) tutorial that describes step by step the best way
to implement it using ServiceMix. For example a Web-Application that shows
Information that it received from two different applications via
ServiceMix.
That would be really helpful!
Though I know that the ServiceMix team has a lot of things to do and is
already providing a very good support here on the list !!

Regards,
Andreas
This electronic message transmission contains information from the Company that may be proprietary, confidential and/or privileged.
The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be
aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.  If you have received
this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the address listed in the "From:" field.

Re: [servicemix-user] Examples

Guillaume Nodet-3
The loan broker example uses lingo to perform synchronous invocation of
a jbi service.
The binding does not currently use jca, but there are some examples in
the unit tests.
See

http://svn.servicemix.codehaus.org/branches/servicemix-2.0/trunk/components/base/src/test/resources/org/servicemix/components/jca/example.xml?rev=775&view=auto

Curley, John wrote:

>Me too.  We are trying to implement a
>
>Lingo->ActiveMQ->Jencks->ServiceMix->Lingo Spring-injected architecture and
>any use case code would be very helpful.  Currently, we are having trouble
>with the ActiveMQ receive queue backing up when using synchronous JMS.
>
>And thanks to the ServiceMix, etc. guys for all their hard work.

All,

We would like to write all our business rules using Java, Spring and Hibernate ie I would have a number of components to fulfill my business rules and link them all together with ServiceMix ie:

a. Component 1 would receive an incoming file, process each row, validate it and send it off as a message
b. Component 2 would receive message issued by C1 and then format message to send to an external system
c. Component 3 would receive message issued by C1 and use it's content to update a database using Spring/Hibernate.
d. Component 4 would be scheduled / timer which would be initiated several times daily to read a database and produce an output file etc.

Would/Should I be able to do this following the Loan Broker example ? The logic is not going to be too complicated and it appears that I should be able to connect everything with ServiceMix but I am not 100% sure where to start and what interfaces/patterns/examples I should be using.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John

9214 6739

HBF Health Funds Inc. a registered organisation under the National Health Act
HBF Insurance Pty Ltd ACN  009 268 277
This email is a confidential communication intended only for the named Addressee(s).
If you are not that person any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this email
or the information in it is prohibited. Please notify us immediately by
telephone, (+61) 08 9265 6111 or return email and delete this email.
The views in this email may be personal to the author and not those of HBF.

Re: [servicemix-user] Examples

Guillaume Nodet-3
Yeah, the loan broker demo could be used as a basis for your scenario.
C1 can be implemented using the FilePoller (http://servicemix.org/File).
For components C2 and C3 to receive messages from C1, you can use
pub/sub ServiceMix mechanism (see
 http://servicemix.org/Publish+Subscribe+Routing).
For component C4, check http://servicemix.org/Quartz.