[servicemix-user] JDK 1.5 required for 2.0 release?

[servicemix-user] JDK 1.5 required for 2.0 release?

Jason Dillon-5
Hey, is JDK 1.5 required for the 2.0 release?

By default with 1.4.2 (Apple's) I get this:

<snip>
jason@Sanity:~/Downloads/servicemix-2.0>./bin/servicemix
ServiceMix ESB: 2.0

[INFO] XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionReader - Loading XML bean definitions
from class path resource [servicemix.xml]
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/
namespace/QName
         at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1655)
         at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1139)
         at java.beans.Introspector$1.run(Introspector.java:1272)
         at java.beans.Introspector.getPublicDeclaredMethods
(Introspector.java:1270)
         at java.beans.Introspector.getTargetMethodInfo
(Introspector.java:1133)
         at java.beans.Introspector.getBeanInfo(Introspector.java:383)
         at java.beans.Introspector.getBeanInfo(Introspector.java:157)
         at java.beans.Introspector.getBeanInfo(Introspector.java:218)
         at java.beans.Introspector.<init>(Introspector.java:364)
         at java.beans.Introspector.getBeanInfo(Introspector.java:157)
         at
org.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.getBeanInfo
(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:394)
         at
org.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.getPropertyDe
scriptor(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:406)
         at
org.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.tryParseNeste
dPropertyViaIntrospection(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:343)
         at
org.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.addNestedProp
ertyElements(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:314)
         at
org.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseBeanFrom
ExtensionElement(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:132)
         at
org.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseBeanDefi
nitions(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:597)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.reg
isterBeanDefinitions(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:186)
         at
org.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanD
efinitions(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:78)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDe
finitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:163)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.l
oadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:125)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.l
oadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:141)
         at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBe
anDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:113)
         at
org.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefiniti
ons(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:170)
         at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContex
t.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:89)
         at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh
(AbstractApplicationContext.java:268)
         at
org.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>
(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:158)
         at
org.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>
(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:48)
         at org.servicemix.Main.main(Main.java:50)
jason@Sanity:~/Downloads/servicemix-2.0>
</snip>

JVM Details are:

<snip>
jason@Sanity:~/Downloads/servicemix-2.0>java -version
java version "1.4.2_09"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_09-232)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2-54, mixed mode)
</snip>

But, with JDK 1.5 it is much happier:

<snip>
jason@Sanity:~/Downloads/servicemix-2.0>JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/
Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5/Home ./bin/servicemix
ServiceMix ESB: 2.0

[INFO] XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionReader - Loading XML bean definitions
from class path resource [servicemix.xml]
[INFO] ClassPathXmlApplicationContext - Bean factory for application
context
[org.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=163594
13]:
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory
defining beans
[jbi,transactionContextManager,transactionManager,broker,jmsFactory];
root of BeanFactory hierarchy
[INFO] ClassPathXmlApplicationContext - 5 beans defined in
application context
[org.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hashCode=163594
13]
[INFO] CollectionFactory - JDK 1.4+ collections available
[INFO] CollectionFactory - Commons Collections 3.x available
[INFO] ClassPathXmlApplicationContext - Unable to locate
MessageSource with name 'messageSource': using default
[org.springframework.context.support.DelegatingMessageSource@c10de0]
[INFO] ClassPathXmlApplicationContext - Unable to locate
ApplicationEventMulticaster with name 'applicationEventMulticaster':
using default
[org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster@5fc
672]
[INFO] DefaultListableBeanFactory - Pre-instantiating singletons in
factory
[org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory
defining beans
[jbi,transactionContextManager,transactionManager,broker,jmsFactory];
root of BeanFactory hierarchy]
[INFO] SpringBrokerContainerFactory - Loading ActiveMQ broker from
configuration: class path resource [activemq.xml]
[INFO] ActiveMQBeanDefinitionReader - Loading XML bean definitions
from class path resource [activemq.xml]
[INFO] BrokerContainerImpl - ActiveMQ 3.2 JMS Message Broker
(ID:Sanity.local-55437-1131415849488-1:0) is starting
[INFO] BrokerContainerImpl - For help or more information please see:
http://www.logicblaze.com
[INFO] JDBCPersistenceAdapter - Database driver recognized:
[apache_derby_embedded_jdbc_driver]
[INFO] DefaultJDBCAdapter - Could not create JDBC tables; they could
already exist. Failure was: CREATE TABLE ACTIVEMQ_MSGS(ID INTEGER NOT
NULL, CONTAINER VARCHAR(250), MSGID VARCHAR(250), MSG BLOB, PRIMARY
KEY ( ID ) ) Message: Table/View 'ACTIVEMQ_MSGS' already exists in
Schema 'APP'. SQLState: X0Y32 Vendor code: 20000
[INFO] DefaultJDBCAdapter - Could not create JDBC tables; they could
already exist. Failure was: CREATE TABLE ACTIVEMQ_TXS(XID VARCHAR
(250) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY ( XID )) Message: Table/View
'ACTIVEMQ_TXS' already exists in Schema 'APP'. SQLState: X0Y32 Vendor
code: 20000
[INFO] DefaultJDBCAdapter - Could not create JDBC tables; they could
already exist. Failure was: CREATE TABLE ACTIVEMQ_ACKS(SUB VARCHAR
(250) NOT NULL, CONTAINER VARCHAR(250) NOT NULL, LAST_ACKED_ID
INTEGER, SE_ID INTEGER, SE_CLIENT_ID VARCHAR(250), SE_CONSUMER_NAME
VARCHAR(250), SE_SELECTOR VARCHAR(250), PRIMARY KEY ( SUB,
CONTAINER )) Message: Table/View 'ACTIVEMQ_ACKS' already exists in
Schema 'APP'. SQLState: X0Y32 Vendor code: 20000
[INFO] DefaultJDBCAdapter - Could not create JDBC tables; they could
already exist. Failure was: ALTER TABLE ACTIVEMQ_MSGS ADD EXPIRATION
BIGINT Message: Column 'EXPIRATION' already exists in Table/View
'APP.ACTIVEMQ_MSGS'. SQLState: X0Y32 Vendor code: 20000
[INFO] DefaultJDBCAdapter - Could not create JDBC tables; they could
already exist. Failure was: ALTER TABLE ACTIVEMQ_MSGS ADD
SENT_TO_DEADLETTER CHAR(1) Message: Column 'SENT_TO_DEADLETTER'
already exists in Table/View 'APP.ACTIVEMQ_MSGS'. SQLState: X0Y32
Vendor code: 20000
[INFO] JournalPersistenceAdapter - Opening journal.
[INFO] JournalPersistenceAdapter - Opened journal: Active Journal:
using 2 x 20.0 Megs at: ../var/journal
[INFO] JournalPersistenceAdapter - Journal Recovery Started.
[INFO] JournalPersistenceAdapter - Journal Recovered: 0 message(s) in
transactions recovered.
[INFO] TcpTransportServerChannel - Listening for connections at:
tcp://Sanity.local:61616
[INFO] BrokerConnectorImpl - ActiveMQ connector started:
TcpTransportServerChannel@tcp://Sanity.local:61616
[INFO] BrokerContainerImpl - ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker
(ID:Sanity.local-55437-1131415849488-1:0) has started
[INFO] SpringInitialContextFactory - Loading JNDI context from: class
path resource [jndi.xml]
[INFO] XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionReader - Loading XML bean definitions
from class path resource [jndi.xml]
[INFO] JBIContainer - Activating component for:
[container=defaultJBI,name=#SubscriptionManager#,id=#SubscriptionManager
#] with service: null component:
[INFO] JBIContainer - ServiceMix JBI Container (http://
servicemix.org/) name: defaultJBI running version: 2.0
</snip>

Has JDK compatibility changed? or is the dist missing some libraries?

Thanks,

--jason

Re: [servicemix-user] JDK 1.5 required for 2.0 release?

Paul Brown-3

Hi, Jason --

> Hey, is JDK 1.5 required for the 2.0 release?
> By default with 1.4.2 (Apple's) I get this:
> [...]
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/
> xml/namespace/QName
> Has JDK compatibility changed? or is the dist missing some libraries?

I can't comment on the compatibility other than to say that this is
one of the annoyances that led us to go with 1.5 by default for PXE.
(The other one was JMX libraries.)  I'm happy to be corrected, but
there's no obvious place to get QName other than from libraries that
are crappily licensed by SUN.  (I like SUN, but the regressive non-
redistribution licenses for key libraries make life unnecessarily
difficult!)

If there is a good source (i.e., non-SUN) for the QName classes, then
I'd like to know about it!  (Note that the SUN licenses also forbid
you to reimplement things in the java.* and javax.* namespaces...)

        -- Paul

Re: [servicemix-user] JDK 1.5 required for 2.0 release?

There are a number of missing classes like this one in the release.
We will have another fix release soon to add the missing jars.
In the mean time, you can grab them in
    http://dist.codehaus.org/servicemix/jars/jaxp-1.3.jar

Guillaume

Jason Dillon wrote:

> [...]
> TcpTransportServerChannel@tcp://Sanity.local:61616
> [INFO] BrokerContainerImpl - ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker
> (ID:Sanity.local-55437-1131415849488-1:0) has started
> [INFO] SpringInitialContextFactory - Loading JNDI context from: class
> path resource [jndi.xml]
> [INFO] XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionReader - Loading XML bean definitions
> from class path resource [jndi.xml]
> [INFO] JBIContainer - Activating component for:
> [container=defaultJBI,name=#SubscriptionManager#,id=#SubscriptionManager
> #] with service: null component:
> [INFO] JBIContainer - ServiceMix JBI Container (http://
> servicemix.org/) name: defaultJBI running version: 2.0
> </snip>
>
> Has JDK compatibility changed? or is the dist missing some libraries?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --jason

Re: [servicemix-user] JDK 1.5 required for 2.0 release?

Dan Diephouse-2
Paul R Brown wrote:

> Hi, Jason --
>
>> Hey, is JDK 1.5 required for the 2.0 release?
>> By default with 1.4.2 (Apple's) I get this:
>> [...]
>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/
>> xml/namespace/QName
>> Has JDK compatibility changed? or is the dist missing some libraries?
>

> I can't comment on the compatibility other than to say that this is
> one of the annoyances that led us to go with 1.5 by default for PXE.
> (The other one was JMX libraries.)  I'm happy to be corrected, but
> there's no obvious place to get QName other than from libraries that
> are crappily licensed by SUN.  (I like SUN, but the regressive non-
> redistribution licenses for key libraries make life unnecessarily
> difficult!)
>
> If there is a good source (i.e., non-SUN) for the QName classes, then
> I'd like to know about it!  (Note that the SUN licenses also forbid
> you to reimplement things in the java.* and javax.* namespaces...)
>
>     -- Paul

Well I know the stax-api RI from JSR 173 provides one which is now ASL
licensed as I understand it. I also thought the javax.wsdl
implementations like wsdl4j also provided them. It seems to me like the
need to allow QName to be provided...

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse