[servicemix-user] War deployment of v2.0 fails on Tomcat 5.5.9

[servicemix-user] War deployment of v2.0 fails on Tomcat 5.5.9

Ron Viloria
WAR Deployment:
Tomcat 5.5.9
ServiceMix 2.0

Error on Tomcat startup:

SEVERE: Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Error registerin
g bean with name '' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationCont
ext.xml]: Bean class [org.servicemix.components.HelloWorldComponent] not found;
nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.servicemix.components.
HelloWorldComponent
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.servicemix.components.HelloWorldComponent
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoa
der.java:1332)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoa
der.java:1181)
        at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.forName(ClassUtils.java:88)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionReaderUtils.c
reateBeanDefinition(BeanDefinitionReaderUtils.java:65)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.
parseBeanDefinitionElement(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:369)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.
parseBeanDefinitionElement(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:335)
        at org.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseBeanD
efinitionElement(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:625)
        at org.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseChild
ExtensionBean(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:455)
        at org.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseNeste
dPropertyViaIntrospection(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:430)
        at org.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.tryParseNe
stedPropertyViaIntrospection(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:345)
        at org.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.addNestedP
ropertyElements(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:314)
        at org.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseBeanF
romExtensionElement(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:132)
        at org.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parsePrope
rtySubElement(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:635)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.
parseListElement(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:745)
        at org.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseNeste
dPropertyViaIntrospection(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:427)
        at org.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.tryParseNe
stedPropertyViaIntrospection(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:345)
        at org.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.addNestedP
ropertyElements(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:314)
        at org.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseBeanF
romExtensionElement(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:132)
        at org.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseBeanD
efinitions(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:597)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.
registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:186)
        at org.xbean.spring.context.impl.XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBe
anDefinitions(XBeanXmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:78)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBea
nDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:163)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReade
r.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:125)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReade
r.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:141)
        at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.load
BeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:126)
        at org.xbean.spring.context.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions
(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:63)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationCon
text.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:89)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refres
h(AbstractApplicationContext.java:268)
        at org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRefreshableWebApplica
tionContext.refresh(AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.java:134)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationCon
text(ContextLoader.java:230)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationConte
xt(ContextLoader.java:156)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitiali
zed(ContextLoaderListener.java:48)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContex
t.java:3669)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4
104)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase
.java:759)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:73
9)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)

        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:788)

        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:677
)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:473
)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1102)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java
:311)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
eSupport.java:119)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1020)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1012)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:442
)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:4
50)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:683
)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:537)
java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:271)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:409)
Nov 8, 2005 8:10:33 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart

I am new to ServiceMix so I apologize if this is something obvious, please
advise and thanks in advance for the assistance.

Re: [servicemix-user] War deployment of v2.0 fails on Tomcat 5.5.9

Guillaume Nodet-3

One file is missing from the 2.0 ditribution.
A 2.0.1 will come out soon to fix some problems.
In the mean time, you can follow instructions on See
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SM/Tomcat+Integration?refresh=1
to get it working.

Ron Viloria wrote:

> [...]
>        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:683
>)
>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:537)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
>java:39)
>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
>sorImpl.java:25)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:271)
>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:409)
>Nov 8, 2005 8:10:33 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
>SEVERE: Error listenerStart
>
>I am new to ServiceMix so I apologize if this is something obvious, please
>advise and thanks in advance for the assistance.

[servicemix-user] Re: War deployment of v2.0 fails on Tomcat 5.5.9

Ron Viloria
Guillaume Nodet <guillaume.nodet@...> writes:

> One file is missing from the 2.0 ditribution.
> A 2.0.1 will come out soon to fix some problems.
> In the mean time, you can follow instructions on See
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SM/Tomcat+Integration?refresh=1
> to get it working.
>
> Cheers,
> Guillaume Nodet

Thank you for your response Guillaume. I did follow that link before posting and
the last time I looked I did verify that the two missing files stated on that
page were in my WEB-INF/lib dir. The dir looks like:

commons-collections-3.1.jar (Verified)
commons-pool-1.2.jar (Verified)
activemq-3.2.jar
activemq-ra-3.2.jar
activemq-web-3.2.jar
backport-util-concurrent-2.0_01_pd.jar
commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
commons-dbcp-1.2.jar
concurrent-1.3.4.jar
geronimo-spec-jms-1.1-rc4.jar
jencks-all-1.1.jar
quartz-1.4.5.jar
servicemix-2.0.jar
spring-1.2.5.jar
xbean-spring-2.0.jar

I still wound up with the error stated previously after following that doc
(unless I still did something else wrong).

It would be interesting to know if the missing file you mentioned was different
from the two mentioned in the doc. Is it an easy file to fix my war with? If not
 I can defer demonstrating war deployment on my end to some interested
colleagues until 2.0.1 is out.

Thanks!

-Ron

Re: [servicemix-user] Re: War deployment of v2.0 fails on Tomcat 5.5.9

Guillaume Nodet-3
Well, 2.0.1 is already out.
See http://servicemix.org/ServiceMix+2.0+Release?refresh=1

Btw, the web page says that there is a missing java file and gives the
source to compile.
But this is all sorted in 2.0.1.

Guillaume

Ron Viloria wrote:

>Guillaume Nodet <guillaume.nodet@...> writes:
>

>>One file is missing from the 2.0 ditribution.
>>A 2.0.1 will come out soon to fix some problems.
>>In the mean time, you can follow instructions on See
>>http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SM/Tomcat+Integration?refresh=1
>>to get it working.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Guillaume Nodet
>>

>Thank you for your response Guillaume. I did follow that link before posting and
>the last time I looked I did verify that the two missing files stated on that
>page were in my WEB-INF/lib dir. The dir looks like:
>
>commons-collections-3.1.jar (Verified)
>commons-pool-1.2.jar (Verified)
>activemq-3.2.jar
>activemq-ra-3.2.jar
>activemq-web-3.2.jar
>backport-util-concurrent-2.0_01_pd.jar
>commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
>commons-dbcp-1.2.jar
>concurrent-1.3.4.jar
>geronimo-spec-jms-1.1-rc4.jar
>jencks-all-1.1.jar
>quartz-1.4.5.jar
>servicemix-2.0.jar
>spring-1.2.5.jar
>xbean-spring-2.0.jar
>
>I still wound up with the error stated previously after following that doc
>(unless I still did something else wrong).
>
>It would be interesting to know if the missing file you mentioned was different
>from the two mentioned in the doc. Is it an easy file to fix my war with? If not
> I can defer demonstrating war deployment on my end to some interested
>colleagues until 2.0.1 is out.
>
>Thanks!
>
>-Ron

[servicemix-user] Re: War deployment of v2.0 fails on Tomcat 5.5.9

Ron Viloria
Guillaume Nodet <guillaume.nodet@...> writes:

> Btw, the web page says that there is a missing java file and gives the
> source to compile.
> But this is all sorted in 2.0.1.

I apologize, I couldn't get Step 2 from "Testing the ServiceMix Deployment on
Tomcat" to test correctly on the from that web page so I did not follow through
with the next steps. You are right that web page did say in Step 5.2.

> Well, 2.0.1 is already out.
> See http://servicemix.org/ServiceMix+2.0+Release?refresh=1

I will try this one later today. Thanks for all your help. The reponse time and
service on this mailing list is amazing!

-Ron