[servicemix-user] develop twister as bpel engine

[servicemix-user] develop twister as bpel engine

nafise hasani
Hi
I don't know the roadmap of servicemix developers
about bpel engine , but what do you think about adding
twister [ http://sourceforge.net/projects/wf-twister/
] to servicemix components ?

__________________________________
http://farechase.yahoo.com

Re: [servicemix-user] develop twister as bpel engine

jstrachan

On 9 Nov 2005, at 09:53, nafise hassani wrote:

> Hi
> I don't know the roadmap of servicemix developers
> about bpel engine , but what do you think about adding
> twister [ http://sourceforge.net/projects/wf-twister/
> ] to servicemix components ?

We're already working with an open source BPEL engine called PXE.

FWIW Twister has moved into the Agila project at Apache...

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/agila/index.html

I'm not sure of its status; if it can handle BPEL, sure we can add a
component for it.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: [servicemix-user] develop twister as bpel engine

nafise hasani
of course it supprots bpel , and in contrast with pxe
it offers a worklist handler too (it is realy
important for me ),also it merged with agila for
making a better project in bpm area. Agila will have
two major components: Agila BPEL (Twister) and Agila
BPM. The first is the Web Service orchestration
solution based on the WS-BPEL specifications and the
second is an end-user oriented workflow. !

--- James Strachan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 9 Nov 2005, at 09:53, nafise hassani wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I don't know the roadmap of servicemix developers
> > about bpel engine , but what do you think about
> adding
> > twister [
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/wf-twister/
> > ] to servicemix components ?
>
> We're already working with an open source BPEL
> engine called PXE.
>
> FWIW Twister has moved into the Agila project at
> Apache...

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/agila/index.html

> I'm not sure of its status; if it can handle BPEL,
> sure we can add a
> component for it.
>
> James
> -------
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

__________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: [servicemix-user] develop twister as bpel engine

John Mettraux
On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 02:42:28AM -0800, nafise hassani wrote:
> of course it supprots bpel , and in contrast with pxe
> it offers a worklist handler too (it is realy
> important for me ),also it merged with agila for
> making a better project in bpm area. Agila will have
> two major components: Agila BPEL (Twister) and Agila
> BPM. The first is the Web Service orchestration
> solution based on the WS-BPEL specifications and the
> second is an end-user oriented workflow. !

Maybe you could initiate this integration and then maintain it for the
ServiceMix so that they can focus on the ESB itself.

Best regards,

john.mettraux @ openwfe.org  -///-  http://www.openwfe.org

Re: [servicemix-user] develop twister as bpel engine

Guillaume Nodet-3
Yes, that's a great idea !
I really think that jbi components for such projects should be hosted by
their original project.
If you have any questions / problems, we will make our best efforts to
help you.
A good way to go is also on irc (irc.codehaus.org, channel #servicemix)

John Mettraux wrote:

>On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 02:42:28AM -0800, nafise hassani wrote:
>

>>of course it supprots bpel , and in contrast with pxe
>>it offers a worklist handler too (it is realy
>>important for me ),also it merged with agila for
>>making a better project in bpm area. Agila will have
>>two major components: Agila BPEL (Twister) and Agila
>>BPM. The first is the Web Service orchestration
>>solution based on the WS-BPEL specifications and the
>>second is an end-user oriented workflow. !
>>

>Maybe you could initiate this integration and then maintain it for the
>ServiceMix so that they can focus on the ESB itself.
>

>Best regards,

Re: [servicemix-user] develop twister as bpel engine

nafise hasani
if I want to start developing twister or may be
activebpel as bpel engine how can I do that ?
anybody want to help?

--- Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]>

__________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.com

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 05:11:16AM -0800, nafise hasani wrote:
> if I want to start developing twister or may be
> activebpel as bpel engine how can I do that ?
> anybody want to help?

You should perhaps decide at first which engine to choose :

http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=72225

john.mettraux @ openwfe.org  -///-  http://www.openwfe.org

Re: [servicemix-user] develop twister as bpel engine

Paul Brown-3

Hi, Nafise --

> of course it supprots bpel , and in contrast with pxe
> it offers a worklist handler too (it is realy
> important for me ),also it merged with agila for
> making a better project in bpm area. Agila will have
> two major components: Agila BPEL (Twister) and Agila
> BPM. The first is the Web Service orchestration
> solution based on the WS-BPEL specifications and the
> second is an end-user oriented workflow. !

The decision not to include a worklist handler in PXE was a conscious
one with two key motivations:

1) There are plenty of nice (open source and not) workflow systems
out there (like OpenWFE, OSWorkflow, Shark, etc.).
2) There are a lot of features that one could reasonably ask of a
workflow component.  For example, integration with an enterprise
directory for escalations, a nice inbox with a calendar to group
entries, etc.

Or, put another way, our goal with PXE was always a *whole* BPEL
engine and no fractions of anything else.

BUT!  With JBI, this isn't an issue.  The right thing to do w.r.t.
ServiceMix and the difference between BPEL and traditional worklist-
driven user task endpoints is to wrap up your favorite worklist as a
*JBI* endpoint and get it working in ServiceMix.  I can't think of
any good reasons that it should be walled-off within the BPEL
component, and I can think of any number of reasons that it shouldn't
be...

My $0.02 on the topic.

        -- Paul